Boat Paddle kayak tenor

dkcrown

UU+
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering a Boat Paddle custom kayak tenor and am looking for some feedback from anyone who either has one or has played one. I know that Nuprin has a beautiful custom M style concert, but haven't seen any reviews or posts about the kayak model.

I had the regular tenor paddle - round sound hole. Played one in spruce/meranti and kept an all mahogany model.
Absolutely fantastic.
One of the coolest unsung features is the nut - no slots, but posts, so any string combo works.

I like the feature of the pins on the nut instead of grooves. Makes sense that it could reduce or illiminate buzzing, especially when changing string diameters.

Any feedback on volume, weight, and sustain compared to other ukes?

I had the regular tenor paddle - round sound hole. Played one in spruce/meranti and kept an all mahogany model.
Absolutely fantastic.
One of the coolest unsung features is the nut - no slots, but posts, so any string combo works.

I never thought about weight while handling mine...so I guess that's a good thing. The volume was very good, and sustain excellent. The tone was really nice - mine was strung low G and had a full present tone. The build and quality were excellent.

BTW I only sold it to benefit a charity - it was a tough one to let go of.

I'm very tempted by the Boat Paddle since I realize that they sound quite good...The only thing is that they don't seem to have choice for woods combo...

Top Bottom