neck sliding

zachbdude

Reaction score
while very simple and easy when just playing around, its significantly more difficult when sliding in the middle of a song. im learning a new song using the slide and i was quite surprised to realize how difficult it was to get a good slide when going from the E on the A-string to the C. maybe its the humidity making my hands stick. practice makes perfect!

It probably has to do with sweat buildup. Depends a lot on what kind of finish you have on your neck. A glossier finish usually sticks more whereas satin finishes let you slide better. I have experimented with using steel wool to take off gloss finish from a neck. It worked pretty well, IMO.

I use 100% carnuba wax on the back of the neck. Depending on how much I sweat it usually lasts for awhile.
Makes the neck slick and smooth, works on ukes & guitars.

It probably has to do with sweat buildup. Depends a lot on what kind of finish you have on your neck. A glossier finish usually sticks more whereas satin finishes let you slide better. I have experimented with using steel wool to take off gloss finish from a neck. It worked pretty well, IMO.
glossy finish. it sticks quite a bit.

Top Bottom