3 Baritone Ukes compared

Guchot

Reaction score
I thought maybe you are interested in seeing a review about 3 different Baritone Ukes. These are:

* Hora Baritone
* Clearwater Roundback
* Ortega RUE14-FMH

I have to say that the Cleawater isn't longer available but the Ohana Roundback Baritone looks almost identically.

I have to say that the Cleawater isn't longer available but the Ohana Roundback Baritone looks almost identically.

I was lucky enough to get a used one recently from a guy called Guchot in Cologne, but not everyone can have that much luck! ;)

Has anyone reviewed the Ohana version of the roundback baritone? I know it doesn't come with an installed pickup, like the Clearwater version does. It can also be hard to find in the US. I know my Flea doesn't sound exactly like my wooden ukuleles and wonder how these plastic backed baritones compare in real life. On the videos that both WS64 and Guchot have posted they sound about the same as a wooden backed model would. I am not sure if WS64 is playing unplugged or plugged on the videos.

Last edited:
Aloha Guchot,
Many thanks for the comparison....I always wanted to know about the hora but never seen one until now, just heard about them.
For me I chose the clearwater that had the best sound and rich tones ...as for the Ortega even though
it was the most expensive uke, it came in second for me.(not always is the most expensive the best as
in this case for me. How about any other guys have their opinons on the comparison??? MM Stan.
unfortunately the hora came in last...

I thought maybe you are interested in seeing a review about 3 different Baritone Ukes. These are:

* Hora Baritone
* Clearwater Roundback
* Ortega RUE14-FMH

Thank you very much for your presentation!

I sense you are not American (I am a Dane myself), but possibly a continental European. For those, who liked the Clearwater in the video, there may be a positive correction to your posting. I have seen the Clearwater baritone and an almost similar concert at this page:

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/THE-REALLY-USEFUL-MUSIC-COMPANY/Ukuleles/

Klaus

Availability of the Clearwater Baritone

The Clearwater Baritone is available from the Really Useful Music Company (thier name not my comment) and can be purchased through Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/CLEARWATER-...cal-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1309960142&sr=1-3

I havent got one but I am seriously thinking about getting one on the basis of the quality and playability of the Vita "mandolin shaped" Clearwater Soprano that I did get (also looks very similar to a more expensive Ohana product but has a pickup installed)

Aloha guchot!
Thank you for posting the baritone review. Now I am in the market for a good baritone. :)

Mason671

* Hora Baritone
* Clearwater Roundback
* Ortega RUE14-FMH

Interested in knowing what kind of camera you were using - the video as well as the audio seemed nice and clear. Appreciate your comparisons. Thanks.

Top Bottom