Big decision on Tenors

Timbuck

Reaction score
I've decided that I will not be making any more Tenor ukes..due to several issues..Like, I don't have enough space..shipping costs..and after building three :( realise I don't feel comfortable making them (too much like guitars )... i've decided.. i'll just stick to soprano's, co's I like them best :cool: ...so I'm parting with a couple of items I recently built and i'll put them on E-bay in the near future.. Here they are The mould and the Fox type bender Bender....I feel better already.
PICT7403.jpg

PICT7406.jpg

Last edited:
I feel the same way after having just completed a tenor for my wife. I gave the molds and bender to a friend of mine who wants to build one. I figured I might change my mind, so I'm not ready to cut them loose yet. I also thought that I might be able to use it for a mandola or mandolinetto but haven't compared the body sizes yet.

BTW, how is your thermometer rigged on that bender?

That's nice looking equipment....too bad I already have tenor size molds. Can you start-then-stop making pineapple ukes next??

It fits into a 4mm hole drilled down one of the brass rods.

Okay, so its a meat type thermometer? I just assumed it was a thermocouple outfit or such. Good idea. Definetely beats sticking it between the wood and the blanket. I assume your heat source is a light?

hmm... i wonder how much shipping would be to the States? I would probably be interested in the bender and mould! Are you using a specific set of plans for the body shape?

Also, what type of neck to body joint do you use on your ukes? I was planning on following Hana Lima's guide for my next uke which is Spanish Heel, but I am very tempted to educate myself more about bolt on necks and perhaps go that route...

hmm... i wonder how much shipping would be to the States? I would probably be interested in the bender and mould! Are you using a specific set of plans for the body shape?

Also, what type of neck to body joint do you use on your ukes? I was planning on following Hana Lima's guide for my next uke which is Spanish Heel, but I am very tempted to educate myself more about bolt on necks and perhaps go that route...
I use Dovetail joints..Just look at the thread I put on about "Fitting the back on a Soprano slideshow" I do the Tenors exactly the same way.

I use Dovetail joints..Just look at the thread I put on about "Fitting the back on a Soprano slideshow" I do the Tenors exactly the same way.

Thanks! :) I saw that thread right after I posted! Nice slideshow btw...

Top Bottom