Conversion?...

rock_and_roll_camera

Reaction score
I was just wondering how to go about converting songs for uke, from guitar etc...

How do scales relate, tunings etc...

I'm an idiot, and reading music and music theory and such has never really been my strong point. I'm just finding myself learning songs and playing the same stuff and I'm starting to get a bit bored. I want to be able to learn songs on guitar and play them on uke and vice versa...

I was just wondering how to go about converting songs for uke, from guitar etc...

How do scales relate, tunings etc...

I'm an idiot, and reading music and music theory and such has never really been my strong point. I'm just finding myself learning songs and playing the same stuff and I'm starting to get a bit bored. I want to be able to learn songs on guitar and play them on uke and vice versa...

Take sometime and learn a little music theory, it makes you a better player.
I find it interesting and helps me to add to my playing. Start with learning how to build a scale and what chords are in what keys.

If you capo your guitar at the 5th fret your first four (high) strings will be GCEA.

Two most important things would be the chords and key signature (i.e, what the tonal centre of the song is based on).

If you know what the chords are of the song based off a guitar chord chart, its as simple as playing those chords on the Uke. Next, find out what key the song is in. If it is in C Major, for example, then you can improvise around the C Major scale, or the A minor scale which are the same. If you're having trouble finding the key, look at what chord the song starts or resolves in as a general rule

Hope this makes sense.

Go to www.chordie.com. Generally, they offer songs as lyric sheets with chords indicated for guitar. Find a song you like (there are hundreds, if not thousands), then look over to the right-hand side of the screen. There is a place there that you can click on to change the chords to ukulele, in more than one tuning (C tuning is most common). Print it out and practice away. No need to be bored for lack of new material....

Top Bottom