Bluegrass Ukuleles is back! 3 new tenors up for grabs <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Guy

Reaction score
Hello all! I have had numerous inquiries over the last few months, and I apologize if I have not responded to everyone. The good news is I have been busy in the shop and have 3 new ukes ready to sell. They all sound great and unique in their own way.

More pictures can be found at www.BluegrassUkes.com

SOLD:
Video sound clip here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqU4wAbr80E

16 frets to the box
1 1/2" wide at the Ebony nut
Carbon fiber reinforced neck with Walnut laminate
Walnut laminate on the head
Quality Gotoh geared tuners.
Bubinga fretboard
Beautiful walnut bridge with pearl accents and bone saddle
Redwood box
White Pearl Inlay fret markers
$295 + $25 shipping to US $50 shipping outside US
DSC00588Medium.jpg

SOLD! Congrats to Bao P.
DSC00407Medium.jpg

SOLD! Congrats, KEN!
WithRedRing.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That second (middle) uke is Mighty Pretty... l-o-v-e the curly maple binding, pearl dots on the fretboard and the side dots along the neck are a sweet and functional addition. A nice grain on the redwood top too. Thassa one Mighty F.I.N.E. uke there! :)

I bought one of Tom's CBUs on ebay and installed a Mi-Si pickup in it. It is absolutely one of my favorite ukes to play. Just awesome! Beautifuly constructed. It ALWAYS brings a smile to my face whenever I pick it up. Somebody please buy these before I am tempted to buy another.

Attachments

• CBU and Moore Bet&#1.jpg
    CBU and Moore Bet&#1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 44
  • CBU and Moore Bet&#1.jpg
    CBU and Moore Bet&#1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 42
Hey Tom, do you ever make baritones?

LoMa,

Only upon special request. I've got a nice size cigar box around here that would be perfect. I've gotta scrounge around for it... Maybe I'll put 6 strings on it and you can have a mini guitar ;-)

So surprised by the sound of these ukes.

How are the necks? Are they considered thin or thicker?

Good question, David! Since I'm biased, maybe someone else here can answer that better than I. The neck at the nut is 1.5" and goes to almost 2" at the body. As far as thickness, a recent buyer (I'll leave him un-named for now) said, "I particularly like the neck. It is silky smooth and just the right profile."

On a side note, I've had a few requests for a concert size recently. Here is a sneak peek of one coming down the line. Should be ready in one week. I'll post more pictures soon.

Concert.jpg

So surprised by the sound of these ukes.

How are the necks? Are they considered thin or thicker?

Hey David. You will love the feel of the neck on Tom's CBU's. As a fellow Pikake concert owner, I find the neck to be similar to my KoAloha. It may be just a little bit thicker, but the profile is very close to the KoAloha. And definately silky smooth!

thanks for the input dcrwon.

It is really difficult to find a tenor in the same class as the KoAloha. I really want a different brand, but will the same spirit

Are you using wooden cigar boxes, or do you make the boxes yourself?
They look like they have lids on the bottom but its a little hard to tell... Do they open up?
Love the contrasting wood in the necks!
S.

thanks for the input dcrwon.

It is really difficult to find a tenor in the same class as the KoAloha. I really want a different brand, but will the same spirit

David, I have been following your search for a tenor for a while now and have yet to chime in. I have a crown bridge KoAloha tenor and love it but I realize that they are difficult to find. I know that you are looking for a tenor with lots of volume, and if you're looking for a different brand, go with the Collings UT-1. I have one and love it. Build quality is fantastic and it is light and loud. The mahogany will give you an instrument with a different voice than your Pikake concert

My Bluegrass Uke - Delivered Today!

I can't say enough about Bluegrass Ukuleles. I was all set to buy the one with the red rosette and Ken Middleton beat me to it. However, I was not out of luck. In fact, it turned out great. Tom, Jr. told me he would build me one to my specs and could have it ready in two weeks. He has stayed in communication as the work progressed and today it arrived. Here is a picture of my beauty at Tom's workshop before he sent it out. I will give you an update once I have had a chance to check it out. I can't wait!

Attachments

• uke1..jpg
    uke1..jpg
    60 KB · Views: 28
David, I have been following your search for a tenor for a while now and have yet to chime in. I have a crown bridge KoAloha tenor and love it but I realize that they are difficult to find. I know that you are looking for a tenor with lots of volume, and if you're looking for a different brand, go with the Collings UT-1. I have one and love it. Build quality is fantastic and it is light and loud. The mahogany will give you an instrument with a different voice than your Pikake concert

Thanks for the input. A Collings maybe the way to go, but these cigar-box ukes look way to cool to pass up!

Of the 3 ukes I posted here, one is left, and I've had a few inquiries about a sound clip.
Here's a quick one:

I played the video & my wife perked right up! "Is that someone playing Bad Things on the Uke? You should learn that one"
Sounds great!
S.

You don't happen to have a tab for that song do you?
S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom