Grappling with Waiting Pains - Waiting for a Keli'i Tenor to Arrive

rasputinsghost

Reaction score
After lusting over a K-Brand, I bought a Keli'i koa tenor from MGM today (on sale!), at the insistence of our very own UU member, haole. Tell me some handy coping strategies, like how awesome Keli'i is as a brand, counting sheep, etc. Thanks!!!

I'll put it to you this way.

Of all the ukes currently in the house the Keli'i soprano is the one you'll most likely find sitting within arms reach of wherever I've most recently plopped my behind down.
Seriously, very underrated and simple and beautiful to look at, play and listen to.

If room and money were not a problem, I would definitely have a Keli'i. I have come thisclose on 3-4 occasions! I actually was torn between a Keli'i and a Kanile'a and had Michael play both over his cell phone several times, the sound was awful on his phone's speaker, but I only went with the Kanile'a because after his blind sound test I had kept coming back to that #, which was the Kanile'a. I am still hoping to run across a nice used Keli'i. You will love it, very lovely Island sound on these IMO. I have a sweet custom coming which busts my budget for another year though. Plus I should downsize. But good for you! ;D

I just got my Kelii Koa Tenor a couple of weeks ago. Also got it from MGM. Ordered it on a Monday and received it on Wednesday. You won't have to wait long. It is beautiful. Great sound. You will not be disappointed. As far as waiting goes, play you others until it comes. Enjoy.

I have an old koa Kelii soprano from 2000 that I totally love. Really beautiful tone with lots of overtones. It's was beat up a bit when I got it so it isn't much to look at, but I love this uke.

Man! I wish I had that problem!
Congratulations, I haven't heard anything but good comments about them.

I made the cardinal error of ordering it on Thursday. It won't get here 'til Monday!

Spend quality time with your other ukuleles and explain to them that it is not their fault that you won't be picking them up for at least a few months.

Top Bottom