New Blue Beansprout

aaronckeim

Reaction score
Here is a concert scale Beansprout on its way to New Zealand. Maple and ebony, blue wash stain, hand rubbed poly finish. Gotoh planetary tuners, aquila strings, renaissance head.

www.thebeansprout.com
papabeansprout.blogspot.com

Attachments

• DSCF1641..jpg
    DSCF1641..jpg
    101 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF1636..jpg
    DSCF1636..jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF1644..jpg
    DSCF1644..jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF1645..jpg
    DSCF1645..jpg
    88 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCF1637..jpg
    DSCF1637..jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 82
I love the colour! Beautiful!

That's a winner, someone is going to be delighted!

Sweet! I like to carve pipes (though I gave up smoking myself), and I made one the exact same blue as this using an aniline dye--I'm curious as to what you used.

I love the blue color. I have seen pictures of the green too, and they are both very nice. I would find it hard to choose between a blue or green one, and the natural is beautiful too. Very nice.
–Lori

The stain is the Colortone stain from stewart macdonald. Its three coats with some sanding and steel wool in between. Then three coats of minwax wipe on poly.
A

That's what I was waiting for. Colortone stain with light sanding and steel wool in between it is then... Beautiful finish it is. Thanks Aaron.

aaron...The pot looks like it's made up of blocks and turned ..did you machine it, or is it bought in ready made ?
Nice Job !

My banjo parts are block rim construction, which a friend turns for me on his industrial lathe. They are the hip way to make banjo pots now a days. A big improvement on tone and stability over laminated construction. Since I am touring about half the time, I am happy to pass the turning over to him!

Top Bottom