Bad Day for My Lanikai 6 String

Paul December

Reaction score
Tomorrow will be my Lanikai CK-6E's 2 month birthday and I just noticed a big problem...
...The bridge is pulling itself off! :eek:
My wife is a professional pianist and this uke is stored and played in a studio that is humidity & temperature controlled for her grand piano so that can't be an issue.
I've contacted the dealer to see what they will do for me.
Can anyone tell me how big of a fix this will be?
What should a reputable dealer be willing to do to address this problem?

Attachments

• l3..jpg
    l3..jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 63
  • l2..jpg
    l2..jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 56
  • l1..jpg
    l1..jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 50
PM Lanikai Ukes here on UU. I bet they'll make it right...
edit: It doesn't look like the wood under the bridge has pulled up at all...that just not enough glue...or the glue didn't setup properly...

I didn't know they post here... will do!

Tomorrow will be my Lanikai CK-6E's 2 month birthday and I just noticed a big problem...
...The bridge is pulling itself off! :eek:
My wife is a professional pianist and this uke is stored and played in a studio that is humidity & temperature controlled for her grand piano so that can't be an issue.
I've contacted the dealer to see what they will do for me.
Can anyone tell me how big of a fix this will be?
What should a reputable dealer be willing to do to address this problem?

I think this is a manufactuer (sp?) issue and not a dealer issue. Is there a warranty? I know that the dealer may make it right but 2 months is a long time.

I think this is a manufactuer (sp?) issue and not a dealer issue. Is there a warranty? I know that the dealer may make it right but 2 months is a long time.

I hope either the dealer or the manufacturer can #1 do something, and #2 do so in a relatively short and *inexpensive* way.
I really dread shipping it out and the associated cost & time :(
...I don't even think I held on to the stupid box! :mad:

Paul, I got your message and tried to reply back but your inbox is full and wouldn't let it go through. We will get you all fixed up this is certainly a warranty issue. Send me another note when you clear up some space or contact me at my work email dlewis@hohnerusa.com

Happy Playing!

And that, my friends, is the beautiful sound of customer service....

Drew, thanks for being here with us on this forum....

And Paul D. I have to also say this: thank you for your contributions here on UU...though in this case...a mishap...which I see will also become yet another Paul D. and Lanikai contribution.

Paul, I got your message and tried to reply back but your inbox is full and wouldn't let it go through. We will get you all fixed up this is certainly a warranty issue. Send me another note when you clear up some space or contact me at my work email dlewis@hohnerusa.com

Happy Playing!

Sorry, my box got filled up by people telling me I should try contacting you! :)
Box-is-now-empty, and I have sent you an email.
Thanks so much for any help.

I bought a baritone the bridge had pulled off. The aread under the bridge was not proper taped off when the finish was applied ao the glue did not have a good area to seat. Looks like a very similar problem to me. I wonder what Lankia does with their warranty returns?

Hey, at least a loose bridge is an easy fix. I bet those 8 strings really put the tension on the bridge. I had a 4 string soprano pop a bridge after about 6 months of owning it (and treating it very nicely, by the way). These things happen occasionally. I was lucky because I live near the manufacturer's warehouse, and I avoided shipping costs. The good companies stand by their products and are good about resolving these kind of problems. Looks like Lanikai is one of the good ones.
–Lori

And that, my friends, is the beautiful sound of customer service....

Amen! My Lanikai spruce tenor is one of the best ukes I have heard-my daily player-and I will remain faithful to this company. In this current economy, I want the most for my $$ and people like Mike Upton (Kala), MGM (on eBay) and Lanikai have shown they care about their customers!

:) I just wanted to make a quick update for those following this thread...
...I've been contacted been Lanikai, and the problem is being taken care of quickly and at no cost to me (do you hear that Kala? :( ).
I understand problems happen, but it's how they are addressed that counts.

Way to go Lanikai!!!!

Another demonstration of great customer service!!!

Have become a big big Lanikai supporter!!!

And let's put it this way...I also talk to small dealers who also love working with Lanikai.

Thanks Paul for sharing this ultimately positive experience.

Top Bottom