Website update...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
As well as the leviathan YouTube channel I have a website which I have just updated. I'll have a couple of tenors for sale later this month and I am hoping that a chap called Neil will get back into contact with me so I can post his 'vintage' Howlett twin puka in my for sale section... I've also shot some slotted headstock tools video which I will edit later today. It's all go at the moment.

As a side bar - any requests for build detail videos? I'm looking at the catalogue and I seem to have covered everything. However, yesterday, a friend came to the workshop and we resawed some afromosia for her and made a simple fret slotting tool. I'm going to make another later today so will document it for you...

I'm interested in seeing the very basic setup procedures. i.e nut and saddle height, string slot depth etc and maybe fret dressing/polishing. I also have a couple of cheapo Ukes where the bridge seems too tall and looks like no amount of saddle adjustment would improve things enough. I'd like to know what to do about that too?

You're probably going to tell me now there are vids already there!

Cheers,
Ian.

By the way, that Burr Elm Tenor Uklectic on your homepage looks gorgeous!

I haven't actually done the setup videos yet. However Rick turner's build docuemtnted ont he Cairns ukukeulele festival site a ANZLF shows how he goes about working it out. I will do one tho - thanks for pointing this out. have you seen the soprano uklectic with the burr elm front?

Top Bottom