Kanile'a "Spread the Aloha" Contest - WINNERS!

anaka

Ukulele Underground Staff
Staff member
Reaction score

Hey UUers!

Last month (June 2010) we ran the Kanile'a "Spread the Aloha" Video Contest! There were tons of entries, each with a different take on spreading aloha with the ukulele. The judges had an extremely hard time choosing the winners and in the end these were the three that came out on top (see video above to find out the contest winners or watch the winning video HERE!).

Haha, honestly there were several male contestants even within the top 5, but after the judges combined their votes, the final decisions went to the females. These three really showed the Aloha Spirit, shared their Aloha with others, and had fun in their videos, which is what playing the ukulele is all about.

Thanks again to everyone who entered the contest - hope you had fun spreading the aloha! And extra-special thanks to Joe & Kristen and all of the hard workers at Kanilea Ukulele for making this possible.

And if you're looking for even more opportunities to win free ukes, be sure to check out the Eleuke "Uke Rock" Contest where we're giving away 4 Eleuke ukuleles this month (July 2010)!

Keep Strummin'!

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to UU for another great contest :)

Congratulations to the winners! Great videos!
And, thanks to UU and Kanile'a for a contest that was such fun!

Congrats to all the winners !

Congrats Mel, I see you're viewing the thread and you'll probably post once you stop celebrating.

Congrats to all Austin1 and Diana as well.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the winners, all well deserved, and thanks to UU and Kanile'a for hosting the contest.

No way!!! 2nd place?
I am so surprised! there were soooo many great videos. and I really mean that. I watched all of them.

I think collectively we spread a lot of aloha in June! Keep it up!
thanks and congratulations to EVERYONE.

hey, can you tell us the top 5 finishers?

maybe we fellas can have some solace in that! :D

thanks!

neat!

congrats to everyone! You go UU, for spreading aloha like a beast. I watched every video on the thread, and they were all awesome!

Love,
Tina

Great contest! Congratulations to the winners. These contests (especially the ones with the awesome uke prizes) inspire me to actually do a video. We always have a little adventure whenever we do a video. Thanks, and Kanile'a Ukuleles are awesome. I love mine so much I might have to get another to tune in low G.
–Lori

Congratulations

Congratulations to the winners. Great videos from everybody! I love the UU contests! Mahalo UU!

ALOHA!

Congratulations to all who made a video and thank you Kanile'a and UU for the "Spread the Aloha" Ukulele Contest. It gave me a chance to express my feelings for our friends in San Lucas Guatemala. I've heard that a few donations were received by the mission at http://www.sanlucasmission.org/ ... and I also learned about "ohana". Thank you to all who donated and for watching my video! Mahalo!

Wow oh wow.

Still pinching myself, UUers. This must be a dream. I woke up to the announcement this morning, but wanted to wait to post my extreme thanks and gratitude until after the shakes and giddy jitters had subsided. Well, that still hasn't happened, so I guess now is as good of a time as any to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Kanile'a, UkuleleUnderground, and all the fabulous, talented forumgoers who have been kind and supportive! You all have been such a validation and support for my ever-growing love for this instrument. I would have never had the courage to submit a video if I hadn't seen what a kind, welcoming, and supportive community we had here at UU. There were some fabulous entries put in, and I cannot begin to tell you how honored I feel to receive this ukulele. I'm tearing up here, this is ridiculous.

I'll keep you all posted and let you know when the Kanile'a makes its way all the way from Hawaii to Colorado.

Thank you again to everyone at UU for your support and kindness. Aloha to all you wonderful folk, and love to you from Denver!

Melanie

A mighty BIG Congrats! All were great videos.. nicely done and enjoyable. And thassa one bee-you-tee-full uke... wow! :)

Top Bottom