Kala KA-T feedback. Is it a good buy for the price?

Leodhas

Reaction score
Basically I was thinking about getting my 1st tenor uke but didn't want to spend a great deal and the Kala KA-T looks like a good buy for the money. I have seen a few clips on Youtube and the uke sounds good considering how much they are. Has anyone got any feedback on them that will push me into buying one?

I Live in Scotland and my local guitar shop does not store these so it is very difficult to try one for myself, I have tried several shops in Edinburgh with no luck, so I will be ordering blind online.

Thanks for any help given,

Slainte!

The best place for a blind purchase online is Musicguymic:
http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Musicguymics-Room

As far as I know, the KA-T is a great uke for the price. Should sound great and be a reliable uke.

*rewinds educational tape*

Basically it's a uke store in Hawaii that sets up all the ukes they sell and replaces the strings with quality Aquila strings.
So every uke they sell there, even the cheapest ones, have great playability.

There are some great KA-T and KA-TE (the acoustic-electric version) packages available there.
I think you get a hardcase included, which is great for carrying your uke in with protection.

The KA-T is a very decent uke. I have played it several times at my local music store and it has a good sound and playability.

Yup, it's a good budget uke. :)

I have my KA-T within arms reach of me right now. Good, solid* instrument. Go with MGM and you won't go wrong.

*solid as in sturdy and well built, not implying that it's solid wood vs. laminate.

Congratulations! You're going to love it.

Aloha,

Whilst I think MGM is excellent, as a fellow Brit I would only use for uber posh ukes, as airfare and import tax would make a little Kala KA-T uneconomic.

The Southern Ukulele store, and Eagle Music are two well respected UK music shops who sell a good range of affordable ukes.

I own a KA-C, it's been a good instrument. In hindsight I would have bought a solid top uke to start on. For a little more Kala does a solid spruce top with lam back/sides.

6sc

Top Bottom