Aguado study for uke (Craig Brandau)

Ruukie

Reaction score
This is so cool and you play the piece so well! I see Howard this Monday and will pass on how others are using his ukulele arrangements! :) :) :)

Craig wrote:
I see Howard this Monday and will pass on how others are using his ukulele arrangements!
I hope that Howard will be please with what we did Craig!! His arrangement been played and videotape by 2 persons in a few days only!!!!

Ruukie wrote:
Found this Aguado study at Craig Brandau's website (through a facebook link from a video answer) which reminds me on my old guitar times. So I put 2 versions of it on youtube as well:

You play it very well Ruukie!!! I always found that I play that piece a little bit fast but, when I saw your clip, finally I found myself playing it like a turtle!!!!! hahahhahaah!!!!

Thanks

Tell him we want more! :)

Actually, I have plenty that I've yet to learn... They can take some time to get underneath one's fingers. The classical arrangements that are most precious to me are his originals that he composes for the ukulele.

Wow! So much response on UU, never expected that ... thanks all.
I'm really excited what Howard finally says to it all.

Hey Turtle :D ... good joke! Your version is fine as well. It's timed for allegro, so you're right and I'm presto or something. But UKE is free, no reglementations, simply free. That's so wonderful! :)

You guys should try Howard's, "Summer's End" that I have posted. It's got a ton of pretty and cool chords one can use later on.

You guys should try Howard's, "Summer's End" that I have posted. It's got a ton of pretty and cool chords one can use later on.

Yes, pretty nice chords. I took a look at them and decided to do it the next weeks.
Thank Craig,
Jens (ruukie)

Anyone have tabs for the Aguado study? Love to learn it. Tried tabbing it from your youtube videos but you guys are too fast for an oldie like me.

Craig, I loved Summer's End... looked for tabs on your site but only found tabs for Aguado(thanks for posting btw!)... are the tabs for Summer's End still up? Perhaps I am looking in the wrong areas?

Nevermind Craig! Just found it on your Media page... sorry, it's late! :) Thanks!

Oh and after watching all of your videos, I think I am convinced that I need to restring in Low G! I am about a month away from being able to play my mahogany tenor that I am building, so that will be my High G uke :)

Last edited:
Nevermind Craig! Just found it on your Media page... sorry, it's late! :) Thanks!

Oh and after watching all of your videos, I think I am convinced that I need to restring in Low G! I am about a month away from being able to play my mahogany tenor that I am building, so that will be my High G uke :)

I'm trying to memorize another one of Howard's classical-like arrangements for the low G uke so I can post it before I return to school. I hope you enjoy, "Summer's End."

Top Bottom