Pics of my "new" '73 Kamaka Pineapple

Captain_Lovehandles

Reaction score
Picked this up from a local antique store for $100. It was a present to myself for my 50th Bday. There were some cracks in the top, below the bridge. I took it straight to a luthier to have them professionally repaired. It has some wear, and finish issues in spots, but I dig it. More pics in my gallery.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Aloha Captain,
Nice score, when will I get this lucky...a white label pineapple kamaka for $100.00 bucks!!!
I'm just drooling, as it looks like it's in really good condition and well cared for. Are all the
good finds there in the con48. hmmmm. it must sound perrrfect!!!!Congrats on your find!!
MM Stan......

Are vintage kamakas falling out of the sky? I'm gonna have to poke around manhattan vintage/antique stores now....

We know how to get ourselves the BEST gifts, don't we? Congratulations. What a great find! Looking forward to hearing it.
Regards,
Ray

One sweet little pineapple there, for sure! Enjoy... it appears the uke found a wonderful home and owner who will take care of it! I l-o-v-e happy endings. :)

WOW this week will forever in the annals of UU be known as "Kamaka Deals" week. I count at least 3 sweet deals in last couple of days. Congrats to you all! :)

Awesome find! How does she play after all those years?

Happy Birthday! What a great find and congratulations. :D

I agree, are Kamakas falling out of the sky? LOL, so many blessings this week! I need to find some time to scrounge again. Unfortunately I'm in an area where antiques and collectibles are big business and everyone has known how to use eBay for years to look up what stuff is, then slap on outrageous prices.

I love happy stories of rescued Kamakas falling into loving hands! For those who want one and don't have one yet, hold onto the vision and you'll be surprised how one may find it's way to you via the law of attraction. ;)

I already have a Kamaka but I love all pineapples too, and just received my own "birthday" pineapple in the mail yesterday, a custom, so I am extremely grateful to be so blessed.

Thanks all. It sounds great, even though I have no idea how long the strings have been on it. UkeRepublic is getting me a case, and he played it two weeks ago. Tomorrow I plan to see him and he's prescribing strings for it as well.

I really do consider this one a rescue. The store had it "for rental only". They had a price on it of $85. It wasn't for sale, but that let them know what to rent it for, as a lot of their business is rentals to theater groups. I asked the lady, the original owner, what that meant it would rent for and she said $16 per week. Then I asked her please not to do that, because it was too special to take risks like that with it. She saw that I cared more for it than she did and asked me if I'd give her $100.

What a beuatiful uke...I bet it sounds great!

Very nice find! Congratulations!

Mmmm... yummy!

One day I want a vintage something... I am looking for one of those "Found a Kamaka for $10 at a yard sale/thrift sore" type deals! Ha! A girl can dream!

MiM it can happen. My dad's pastor found 19 kamakas out of a 20 uke set he bought at an auction for $20 for all them. He peed hispants after he gave them all away to kids in the church after i told him what they were worth. It was funny.

BTW this uke sounds great. Captain is going to take care of it for awhile until he givesit to me.

awesome uke, awesome deal!

Mmmm... yummy!

One day I want a vintage something... I am looking for one of those "Found a Kamaka for $10 at a yard sale/thrift sore" type deals! Ha! A girl can dream!

yeah, no joke. i'm waiting for one of these deals, too. i don't know how one gets lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time.

Top Bottom