Paulele bamboo First grass ukulele?

Uke Republic

Reaction score
So they come in a cut-away soprano and standard soprano . I did a quick demo over view if you would like to check it out. I think bamboo is really a grass so this may be the first playable production grass ukulele. Great volume .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocHmieFenu4

Last edited:
Do you know if these are going to be available in concert or tenor sizes?

I seem to remember a Bambukulele being available like two years ago... I read about it on UkuleleReview.com

It looks great.

Oooh I like! :iwant:

It'd make me feel better about my environmental impact as well, bamboo it's so useful and fast growing. But I've never heard of it considered to be a grass? I know it does grow like a weed.

Tony Graziano has been making bamboo ukes for a long time.

I was involved in a guitar making project with a bamboo necked electric that I designed in about 1975 or so.

If only it came in a pineapple...

I wonder when they will actually arrive. Seems lively. I dig the retro headstock and roudned back.

Kiwaya told me anytime . Could be end of July up to September. Bamboo tricky stuff to make into ukulele. We are taking preorders if you wanna get one. I'll try to post a pics of the soft case that comes with them later. It doesn't appear to be made of bamboo.

Kiwaya told me anytime . Could be end of July up to September. Bamboo tricky stuff to make into ukulele. We are taking preorders if you wanna get one. I'll try to post a pics of the soft case that comes with them later. It doesn't appear to be made of bamboo.

I did preorder. I just was wondering what "late Summer to early Fall" meant. :)
I hope this thing is durable. I think a soprano should be tough and travel-worthy, cuz that's what
so fun about playing this instrument. You can throw them in you back pack and take everywhere.
Are these vertically laminated bamboo? I understand vert lam bamboo can be quite strong in other applications
(e.g., floors, longboard etc.). I guess the risk is delamination. Still, I have faith in MIJ build quality. And this company seems
to have been around for awhile making ukes. Are there any differences in sound or size b/t the cutaway and the std? I would also like a pineapple model if ever offered.

Top Bottom