Official ToneRite 'Ukulele Round the World Road Trip

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm offering my ToneRite to other members on a trial basis to see first hand for themselves if they think this unit does what its developers claim. I don't care where it travels on this road trip, but I think it would only be fair if those that live overseas (outside the US) would be willing to pay the shipping to/from their address as this can be much more expensive than shipping within the US.

The rules are as follows...

1. You must have been a member on this site for at least 3 months with a post count of 50 or more.
  2. You agree to keep the unit for one week only. If you think you'll have trouble shipping it to the next member in a timely manner, please don't add your name to the list.
  3. You agree to pay shipping/insurance to get it to the next member in line.
  4. If you are overseas, you will also pay shipping/insurance to your destination.
  5. Please handle the unit with care...I paid $150 for it and would like to keep it in working order.
  6. Upon completion of your trial, post a pic of you and your 'uke with the ToneRite on it, and give your impressions of what, if any, improvements it made. Let us know it's on its way to the next member.

If you're interested in participating in the ToneRite 'Ukulele Round the World Road Trip, start or add yourself to the list. Once we've got 5-10 folks that are interested and I get the unit back from a band mate that is borrowing it this week, I'll get it sent out to the first member.

My unit is designated for guitar, but works equally well on 'ukes. It has 3 rubber pads...one fits between the C/E strings, and the other two hold pressure from the outside against the G/A strings.

Last edited:
Actually, I'm going to be out of town a lot...so take me off the list.

What the heck....I'd like to try it....

Sign me up!

It looks like the Mailman will be the first to receive it. If you want to join in, cut, paste, and add your name to the list.

1) Mailman

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin

I'd like to add my name to the list! I agree to all the above!
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT

count me in

Great offer, Kevin and I'm sure many members will take advantage of it. I am sorely tempted, but think I might buy one myself - their uke-specific model - so I can do a little testing over a long period. But I really like the spirit of your offer!

This sounds awesome. I would love to try the tonerite.

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93

Last edited:
KevinV, this is a generous offer that I can't pass up.
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello

Two seats left on the bus...we're limited to 10 on this tour.

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9)Sambient

Not to tell the generous KevinV what to do, but maybe this list should be re-organized to put the shortest distance between each member shipping it. Then it'll spend the least time in transit, get to everyone sooner, be a greener project, and last but not least, cost less for all involved.

And seriously I am not making my suggestion about the travels of the Tonerite just because I'm low on the list. I just do think about things like maximum result for minimal effort. Which sounds like what the Tonerite itself is about.

Kevin,
Thank you for your gracious offer to make this possible. I need to decide which uke gets the treatment. I plan to make a before and after video clip.

Not sure how big the Tonerite is, but here are USPS flat rate shipping costs. Website states delivery within 2 days in most cases. If anyone knows of a better way to ship please post. Kevin, do you have a preference? I'm impressed with how quickly USPS Priority Mail brings products to my door. I've received ukes from mgm in 3 business days. That's amazing to me.

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes
Small $4.95 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Medium $10.70 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

USPS Domestic Insurance Prices http://www.usps.com/prices/insurance-prices.htm
$100 to $200 - $2.75

Regards,
Ray

I'd prefer to just keep the list in the order it is...

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9)Sambient

There's room for one more if anyone wants to get it on it.

I've got it packed and ready to go to the first 'ukester tomorrow. It won't fit in a small flat rate box, but I just printed out a label online and it's going USPS Priority, insured for $150, and the total cost was $10.16. If everyone is careful with the box/packing, and removes excess stickers before they ship out, I'd imagine it would be pretty close to that as it goes down the line. Cheaper if you're closer...it's going from FL to NY tomorrow.

The box includes the minimal instruction manual...they recommend 72-144 hours for the first treatment. You can easily squeeze the 144 into a week if you're not constantly pulling it off to see if you hear any changes. ;)

It's my pleasure to be able to let others try this out. I hope you all find it worthwhile, but even if you don't, you'll have firsthand experience to go on.

Please ship it insured when you send it...it's $150 to replace, but only $2.75 for the USPS insurance. It doesn't matter to me which carrier you use, whatever is easiest for you...as long as it's insured.

And make sure you PM your address to the person in front of you so they know where to ship it. Once we know who is last on the list, I'll PM them my address so they can ship it back to me when they're done.

Last edited:
Top Bottom