PDA

View Full Version : Official ToneRite 'Ukulele Round the World Road Trip

KevinV
07-11-2010, 09:41 AM
I'm offering my ToneRite to other members on a trial basis to see first hand for themselves if they think this unit does what its developers claim. I don't care where it travels on this road trip, but I think it would only be fair if those that live overseas (outside the US) would be willing to pay the shipping to/from their address as this can be much more expensive than shipping within the US.

The rules are as follows...

You must have been a member on this site for at least 3 months with a post count of 50 or more.
You agree to keep the unit for one week only. If you think you'll have trouble shipping it to the next member in a timely manner, please don't add your name to the list.
You agree to pay shipping/insurance to get it to the next member in line.
If you are overseas, you will also pay shipping/insurance to your destination.
Please handle the unit with care...I paid $150 for it and would like to keep it in working order.
Upon completion of your trial, post a pic of you and your 'uke with the ToneRite on it, and give your impressions of what, if any, improvements it made. Let us know it's on its way to the next member.

If you're interested in participating in the ToneRite 'Ukulele Round the World Road Trip, start or add yourself to the list. Once we've got 5-10 folks that are interested and I get the unit back from a band mate that is borrowing it this week, I'll get it sent out to the first member.

My unit is designated for guitar, but works equally well on 'ukes. It has 3 rubber pads...one fits between the C/E strings, and the other two hold pressure from the outside against the G/A strings.

ukulelearp
07-11-2010, 09:56 AM
I'm on the list!

ukulelearp
07-11-2010, 09:57 AM
Actually, I'm going to be out of town a lot...so take me off the list.

Pondoro
07-11-2010, 10:43 AM
What does it claim to do?

KevinV
07-11-2010, 10:46 AM
What does it claim to do?

You can find out all about it here...

ToneRite (http://tonerite.com/)

mailman
07-11-2010, 11:02 AM
What the heck....I'd like to try it....

Sign me up!

KevinV
07-11-2010, 11:33 AM
It looks like the Mailman will be the first to receive it. If you want to join in, cut, paste, and add your name to the list.

1) Mailman

Nuprin
07-11-2010, 12:42 PM
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin

mealfrog41
07-11-2010, 05:23 PM
Interesting. I'd like to give it a shot...

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41

RyanMFT
07-11-2010, 05:26 PM
I'd like to add my name to the list! I agree to all the above!
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT

AC Baltimore
07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
count me in

Raygf
07-12-2010, 12:27 AM
count me in

I'm in. AC Baltimore, really no need to ship it. We could just meet somewhere for the exchange.

Regards,
Ray

ichadwick
07-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Great offer, Kevin and I'm sure many members will take advantage of it. I am sorely tempted, but think I might buy one myself - their uke-specific model - so I can do a little testing over a long period. But I really like the spirit of your offer!

bt93
07-12-2010, 02:34 AM
This sounds awesome. I would love to try the tonerite.

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93

jordan bello
07-12-2010, 05:18 PM
KevinV, this is a generous offer that I can't pass up.
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello

KevinV
07-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Two seats left on the bus...we're limited to 10 on this tour.

Sambient
07-13-2010, 01:14 AM
1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9)Sambient

Not to tell the generous KevinV what to do, but maybe this list should be re-organized to put the shortest distance between each member shipping it. Then it'll spend the least time in transit, get to everyone sooner, be a greener project, and last but not least, cost less for all involved.

Sambient
07-13-2010, 01:17 AM
And seriously I am not making my suggestion about the travels of the Tonerite just because I'm low on the list. I just do think about things like maximum result for minimal effort. Which sounds like what the Tonerite itself is about.

Raygf
07-13-2010, 02:22 AM
Kevin,
Thank you for your gracious offer to make this possible. I need to decide which uke gets the treatment. I plan to make a before and after video clip.

Not sure how big the Tonerite is, but here are USPS flat rate shipping costs. Website states delivery within 2 days in most cases. If anyone knows of a better way to ship please post. Kevin, do you have a preference? I'm impressed with how quickly USPS Priority Mail brings products to my door. I've received ukes from mgm in 3 business days. That's amazing to me.

http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm

USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Boxes
Small $4.95 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"
Medium $10.70 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

USPS Domestic Insurance Prices http://www.usps.com/prices/insurance-prices.htm
$100 to $200 - $2.75

Regards,
Ray

KevinV
07-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I'd prefer to just keep the list in the order it is...

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9)Sambient

There's room for one more if anyone wants to get it on it.

I've got it packed and ready to go to the first 'ukester tomorrow. It won't fit in a small flat rate box, but I just printed out a label online and it's going USPS Priority, insured for $150, and the total cost was $10.16. If everyone is careful with the box/packing, and removes excess stickers before they ship out, I'd imagine it would be pretty close to that as it goes down the line. Cheaper if you're closer...it's going from FL to NY tomorrow.

The box includes the minimal instruction manual...they recommend 72-144 hours for the first treatment. You can easily squeeze the 144 into a week if you're not constantly pulling it off to see if you hear any changes. ;)

It's my pleasure to be able to let others try this out. I hope you all find it worthwhile, but even if you don't, you'll have firsthand experience to go on.

Please ship it insured when you send it...it's $150 to replace, but only $2.75 for the USPS insurance. It doesn't matter to me which carrier you use, whatever is easiest for you...as long as it's insured.

And make sure you PM your address to the person in front of you so they know where to ship it. Once we know who is last on the list, I'll PM them my address so they can ship it back to me when they're done.

ukeeku
07-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I would love to see this and also post a quick thing on my blog.

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9)Sambient
10)Ukeeku

KevinV
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
This completes and closes the official recipient list...

1) Mailman
2) Nuprin
3) Mealfrog41
4) RyanMFT
5) Acbaltimore
6) Raygf
7) Bt93
8) jordan bello
9) Sambient
10) Ukeeku

mailman
07-19-2010, 06:00 AM
I've just returned home from vacation, and found a package from Kevin waiting for me when I picked up our mail at the Post Office. The ToneRite is here....let the experiments begin!

I have decided to use my soprano uke for the ToneRite test; it is solid sapele mahogany with an ebony bridge, fretboard, peghead faceplate and heel cap. It has not been played a great deal, time-wise, as I seem to prefer my two concerts....it's a size thing. The fact that this uke is solid wood and not heavily played makes it a good candidate for this trial, I think. The uke is strung with Aquila strings and tuned in C tuning, using friction tuners.

I have begun the first ToneRite session, which the instructions recommend be for 72 hours. After 72 hours I will stop the process, re-tune the uke and give it some playing time to assess any effects I notice from the ToneRite treatment. Then I'll set it back up for another 72 hours of ToneRite usage before stopping the process next weekend. At that time I'll take a photo to post here along with my impressions of the ToneRite.

The instructions caution against using the ToneRite in an instrument case, and suggest that a uke stand or wall hanger would be much better. The idea is to limit contact of the uke body with other surfaces and materials. I have no stands or wall hangers, so I improvised. The uke is standing on a desk in an inclined, upright attitude leaning with it's headstock against a wall. The noise transmitted through the wall initially was amazing! I solved that problem by folding a bathroom washcloth and placing it between the headstock and the wall. The bottom edge of the uke is sitting on a woven placemat on a desk. The ToneRite has a dial-controlled intensity feature. The instructions suggest maximum intensity to yield best-possibile volume and projection, so maximum it is.

The noise level generated is minimal, once the uke is isolated from the wall with the washcloth. There is a slight hum, but I have it set up in our guest room, so it's not an issue. I'll be posting again after the first test period....Thursday at noon-time.

Nuprin, I'll be needing your mailing address in order to send the ToneRite to you next. Until then, the ToneRite trial is under way....

Nuprin
07-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Hmmm...guess I have a week to figure out which uke to try it on. My Kamaka, KoAloha, and G-String are all a few years old (got them used) so I think they've had time to open up. I'll probably do the test with my Boat Paddle as it's my latest new uke.

Mailman, PM'ing you my address.

mailman
07-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Time for an update....

Well, I completely missed testing my uke at the 72 hour mark. Sometimes life just gets in the way. So, instead of three days, the first ToneRite session went five days. Here are my initial thoughts.

- My first observation was in regard to tuning. I was surprized at how out of tune the strings were. It was as if the strings were brand new and had stretched....a lot. Man, I hate friction tuners, especially these cheap friction tuners. It doesn't help that the peghead is so very small that the tuners are impossibly close together....but I digress. I finally returned the uke to standard "C" tuning. I wonder if the fit of the ToneRite between the strings impacted the tuning aspect....

- Did the ToneRite change the tone? If so, the change is subtle, and not enough for me to descern. I wasn't really expecting drastic changes, anyway.

- Did the ToneRite change the volume? I believe it may have increased the volume a touch, but then, maybe I just really want it to have worked. This little uke was always loud, anyway.

- Did the ToneRite change projection? This is where I really think I can hear a difference. I don't remember this uke projecting this well before.

I've reinstalled the ToneRite, and will let it run until Monday morning. At that time I'll take a picture to post, re-evaluate, and mail the package off to Nuprin. Nuprin, I received your address. Kevin, how much insurance do you recommend when I mail it?

More on Monday....

KevinV
07-24-2010, 11:29 AM
Kevin, how much insurance do you recommend when I mail it?

More on Monday....

I insured for $150 for under $3. That's the replacement cost of the unit.

I'm not surprised that you didn't notice huge differences based on the tonewood. I didn't notice much, if at all on my mahogany Pa'ina. I noticed much more on Acacia, and the results on the spruce on my guitar were undeniable.

Raygf
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I noticed much more on Acacia, and the results on the spruce on my guitar were undeniable.

That's good to hear because I've decided to use the Tonrite on my Kala acacia tenor.
Regards,
Ray

mds725
07-24-2010, 01:23 PM
This completes and closes the official recipient list...

Bummer. Sounds like fun.

mailman
07-26-2010, 05:32 AM
As promised, the ToneRite is now on it's way to Nuprin, who's next on the list. The box Kevin used for packaging is just about perfect, and I reused it. I sent the package Priority Mail, insured for $150 and with Delivery Confirmation....just as Kevin sent it to me.

I took a couple of pictures before repackaging, and my next project will be struggling through the process of posting them here (I'm techno-stupid). I'll work on that later today. I'm pretty sure I can get the pictures from my camera into my UU profile page....I've done that before. But I'm not real sure about how to get them from there into a forum post....we'll see.

I didn't hear any difference in the sound of my uke after the last two days of ToneRite treatment....not surprizing. The little soprano may be a bit better for the experience, though. I still think there has been an improvement in projection. I'd not be surprized to find that the new-ish Aquila strings are done stretching at this point, too.

Nuprin, the Post Office told me you could expect delivery on Wednesday. Have fun with the experiment! And Kevin, thanks again for taking the risk and making the ToneRite available for us to test and review. Isn't UU cool?....

Nuprin
07-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Got the ToneRite today! Did a quick video of my BP before using the ToneRite and started the experiment right after. I'll do a video after 72 hours, then throw the ToneRite on for another 72 hours and do another video. I'll post 'em here so you can see if you can hear a difference.

Thanks Kevin!

Mealfrog, PM me your address so I can send it your way when I'm done.

mailman
08-04-2010, 09:49 AM
Okay, I'm a freakin' idiot. I hate computers, and apparently they hate me.

I have gotten the pictures of the ToneRite, installed on my uke, out of my camera and into my @#&^%$@# computer. That, in itself, is a miracle. I have an album of photos of this uke (custom soprano!) on my profile page, and would like to put these pictures there. During the course of making this album some time ago, I very nearly threw this son-of-a-pup machine out the window.

Now, (of course) I have not a clue as to how to get new pictures into this album. I have absolutely no idea how I got the original pictures in there, except to say that I needed help to do it. Even after getting the original pictures into the album, I was completely unable to get them from there into a forum post....someone took pity and did that for me.

So, long story short.... I have the blasted pictures, but can't seem to manage them. Did I mention that I hate computers?.... :mad::mad:

Nuprin
08-05-2010, 03:50 AM
After asking for the address in this thread as well as in a PM, I still haven't heard back from mealfrog41. So, in order to try and keep to the 1-week trial period, it seems only fair that it go to the next person on the list. So, RyanMFT, shoot me a PM with your address!

KevinV
08-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Is this dead in the water already? What's the latest?

Nuprin
08-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Is this dead in the water already? What's the latest?

Sorry, should have updated. Mealfrog41 never got back to me so I decided to send it to RyanMFT (the next on the list). He got me his address on Friday night. I shipped it through my workplace via UPS so they picked it up on Monday for its trip across the country. It should be there by the end of this week.

RyanMFT
08-11-2010, 01:00 PM
I am waiting and excited about it! I will have it for a week and I will send it on it's way....insured of course!

Ryan

KevinV
08-11-2010, 01:10 PM
Glad to see it's still making its rounds. Sorry MealFrog missed out. I'm not paranoid...just wondered where we were with this. Thanks for the update!

luvdat
08-11-2010, 02:06 PM
Glad to see it's still making its rounds. Sorry MealFrog missed out. I'm not paranoid...just wondered where we were with this. Thanks for the update!

Not on the ToneRite list but this thread has inspired me to play the heck out of both my new ukes!!!

mealfrog41
08-11-2010, 07:49 PM
I apologize guys, I haven't been able to log into the site quite a while. I'm back now and interested to hear how it's worked for you all.

SuzukHammer
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM
What's the difference in projection and loudness?

mailman
08-12-2010, 05:31 AM
As I understand it, (and I could very well be mistaken), projection is a function of how far into the room the sound travels (distance), and loudness is a measure of volume (decibels).

It's kind of like the subtle difference between being quick (acceleration) and being fast (top speed), or the difference in wave form between amplitude and frequency. Two different things being measured.

I hope this helped (and didn't make it worse)....

ukeeku
08-12-2010, 07:45 AM
As I understand it, (and I could very well be mistaken), projection is a function of how far into the room the sound travels (distance), and loudness is a measure of volume (decibels).

It's kind of like the subtle difference between being quick (acceleration) and being fast (top speed), or the difference in wave form between amplitude and frequency. Two different things being measured.

I hope this helped (and didn't make it worse)....

Volume and projection are linked, but the shape and build of the uke and sound hole can make a big difference.
Think of it like using a megaphone. The sound is directed and the louder it is the farther it will travel.
Now you can play really loud but if the sound is too difused and not directed, it will not travel as far.

Not sure that explains but, that is my take on it.

cocohonk
08-12-2010, 04:43 PM
Sorry to have missed the signup, but what an interesting project. Looking forward to reading the reviews.

RyanMFT
08-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Just wanted to update this thread. I received the ToneRite and I have begun using it on my Kamaka soprano. I chose this uke because it is about 12 years old but it came to me basically un-played. It sat in the case since it was new until I bought it a few months ago. So, it has no play time before the last couple months. I did a short "before" video and will do a short "after" video and can post them if anyone has any interest in hearing the comparison.

Also, A HUGE thank you to KevinV for the opportunity to try this out.

RyanMFT
08-26-2010, 06:42 AM
Update:
Tried to get in touch with ACBaltimore several times, but did not hear back, so the ToneRite has been sent to RayGF and should arrive on 8/28/10.

Nuprin
08-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Realized I never updated this thread as to my findings with the ToneRite. I used it on my Boat Paddle and I believe it did make a difference, albeit not a huge one. It does seem louder to me than before. I did a recording right before I tried the ToneRite, then did another recording after 72 hours with the ToneRite, then did a 3rd recording after another 72 hours with the ToneRite. Interestingly, I think I heard more of a difference between the 2nd and 3rd recording than I did between the 1st and 2nd.

cocohonk
08-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Ryan, I'd love to hear the before and after videos, if it's not too much trouble. Thanks!

Raygf
08-28-2010, 07:52 AM
The ToneRite arrived today at 1 PM. I just recorded a short sound sample video and started the first 72 hour treatment. When I get home Tuesday evening I will make another short video sound sample and start the second treatment. That will take it to Friday evening for one final video and then I will send it out on Saturday.
Regards,
Ray

Raygf
09-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Well, my week is up tomorrow and The ToneRite is packed up and ready to go to the post office in the morning. I made a video Tuesday evening after the first 72 hours and will make a third video some time this weekend and post them. I used the lower settings and I do not hear much, if any, difference. Thanks again Kevin for the opportunity to try it out.

Regards,
Ray

Raygf
09-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Okay, here are the videos, clams and all. I was pretty beat Tuesday night, but I think the sample gives you a good enough idea. The ToneRite is on it's way priority mail, insured for $200. Be on the lookout bt93.
Regards,
Ray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbhYiUSQJOU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6csOAVNxv8k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYUjGPIfp8

Sambient
09-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Definitely hear difference after initial 72 hr treatment but not sure that the further treatment does much more.
Thanks for your demo.

bt93
09-19-2010, 04:59 AM
ok so i used it for the two 72 hour periods and heard a difference after the first, but not the second. i will be shipping it out tomorrow. thanks again kevin for this marvelous opportunity.

KevinV
10-08-2010, 05:20 PM
It's been a few weeks...where is the TR now? Thanks.

jordan bello
10-08-2010, 07:36 PM
I believe that I am next on the list, but have not yet received it.

bt93
10-09-2010, 04:53 AM
ya i just shipped it yesterday to jordan...i had to be in chicago for an emergency and just got home (from the 2nd trip in 2 weeks)...jordan-i will pm you the tracking code...thanks kevin for this wonderful experience

jordan bello
10-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Just got it yesterday. Will make some recordings tonight and then put it on for its 72 hour treatment.

jordan bello
10-26-2010, 06:24 PM
First and foremost, thanks to Kevin for being gracious enough to pass around his tonerite. I was shocked that it made a marked improvement on my uke.

I am not sure if it is possible to post sound recordings. But I did make some.

I used it on my KoAloha superconcert which I bought from Musicguymic in June. I've been playing it everyday since, but it was still relatively new. I have read that the tonerite has a bigger impact on new instruments which have yet to be broken in.

After the 72 hour treatment, I felt like it sounded a lot different. It was less noticeable from the recordings, in part because I am inconsistent in both my playing and in distance from the microphone.

Prior to the first treatment, my uke was kind of "twangy" and had some notes that were sharp as I moved up and down the fretboard. (I actually kind of liked that sound. I felt like it had some mojo to it.)

After the 72 hour treatment, the tone had smoothed out a lot. Smooth is the best word I can use to describe the tone. The uke seemed much more balanced, the bass notes seemed stronger, and the areas which were once sharp were more in tone. In addition, the ukulele was also much more responsive and, therefore, much easier to play. I did not have to try as hard to get volume.

After the second 72 hour treatment, everything continued to develop along the same lines that it had begun. The ukulele is now less punchy, has less of a quick decay, and has more "round" tone to it. It is more smooth and balanced. I'm not sure if it is necessarily louder, but the tone is more refined and richer.And as I noted earlier, the ukulele is somehow easier to play and more responsive, requiring less work to sound out. A part of me misses my "twangy" uke, but I am getting used to my "prettier" sounding uke.

I am a believer in the tonerite and may pick one up for myself to use on my other ukes and guitars. I feel like my mainland would do well to get a treatment. It has always felt a little "tight" and could use some loosening up.

Thanks again Kevin.

Sambient I'm passing it on to you.

Sambient
10-29-2010, 09:57 AM
Sambient I'm passing it on to you.

Received!
And while way back when I was sure I knew which uke I'd try this on, now I'm having a hard time deciding.
It's likely my left-handed Kala electric.

Any objection to me holding onto it just a wee bit longer than the week and giving it a try on one of my husband's guitars as well maybe?

Sambient
10-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Yup. Lefty Kala it is. Somehow I never connected with this one. Though solid mahog, it doesn't sing to me the way the others do. While part of me might like to send the sound on one of my others further, I figure this is the chance for me to really try to get the most out of this one. Doing the lower setting. It's sweetness I seek more than projection.

Sambient
11-01-2010, 02:57 AM
Tonight when I get home from my late shift at work I test the Kala from the first treatment. Very curious and hopeful.
I can tell my husband is very intrigued by this. He was thinking last night was when I test it and was asking.

Sambient
11-01-2010, 05:26 PM
At first all I could tell was that it was a little louder, which was not what I was aiming for.
But as I played a little more, then I could detect that the tone had slightly improved. It's hooked up again for the next 72 hours.

Sambient
11-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Okay, last night was the end of the second 72 hour treatment. I has opened Lefty up some.

I used a low setting because it was tonality I was seeking, not volume. But more volume has definitely been achieved.
Because I worked a late shift and was really too tired and defeated to play, I put the uke back in the stand and put the Tonerite on a slightly higher setting. Just to get those last few drops out of it before I send it out.
The higher setting is much more audible a buzz/hum.
The recommended application is with your instrument either laying securely (but not in a case), or in a stand.
I did mine in a stand. Though without the advantage of gravity keeping the rubber feet as securely to the body I wasn't sure I was going to get as much of the benefit. So I tied a silky scarf around the waist of the uke and over the Tonerite to create more contact.

My uke is definitely improved for having used it. I could see owning one of these. The instructions suggest that you'll fall in love with your instrument all over again. Being that this Kala mahog concert and I never connected in the first place, now we stand a chance of a relationship. There is a fuller, more mature sound that wasn't there before. This uke is my most expensive, but I never found it even equal to some of my favorites of lesser value. There was nothing to its voice. Before it played, now it's starting to sing. Still not my favoritest, but it is much better for having met the Tonerite.

I wonder if the Tonerite would be a good thing to do after a string change in order to massage them into settling in a little sooner.

ukeeku
11-12-2010, 12:18 PM
Got it today and I will be trying it on several ukes.
The first one is a New Cordoba 25CB - Going now Full blast for projection, I will do a after sound sample monday night
Second will be 1 month old Luna Tattoo - Low For tone
then I will try it on my Year old David Gill or my 2 year old Bushman Jenny, not sure which yet.
I will be posting everything here and my site.
Thanks for letting me do this!!!

ukeeku
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
First tonerite test on a cordoba 25CB Bamboo uke that I thought was too quiet, so I ran it for 72 hours on full.
Here is my set on soundcloud. I am doing a lanikai CK-S for volume now.
http://soundcloud.com/ukeeku/sets/corboba-25cb-tonerite-test

ichadwick
11-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Nice audio display. How did you get that graph?

I've been following this thread closely and am still not sure if the consensus is that it works or not. The results are all over the map. How was it on the bamboo?

ADD
11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Okay, I'm a freakin' idiot. I hate computers, and apparently they hate me.

I have gotten the pictures of the ToneRite, installed on my uke, out of my camera and into my @#&^%$@# computer. That, in itself, is a miracle. I have an album of photos of this uke (custom soprano!) on my profile page, and would like to put these pictures there. During the course of making this album some time ago, I very nearly threw this son-of-a-pup machine out the window.

Now, (of course) I have not a clue as to how to get new pictures into this album. I have absolutely no idea how I got the original pictures in there, except to say that I needed help to do it. Even after getting the original pictures into the album, I was completely unable to get them from there into a forum post....someone took pity and did that for me.

So, long story short.... I have the blasted pictures, but can't seem to manage them. Did I mention that I hate computers?.... :mad::mad:

You said it all for me. Pictures of my uke collection. Would love to post. Even with instructions I can't get them from my computer to UU pages. Are there just some people who can't do these things? Will we ever learn? Can we learn?

ukeeku
11-24-2010, 01:50 AM
OK, I have another one.
I did my Lanikai CK-S for tone. Forgot about it for an extra day so it ran for 96 hours
Here are the clips
Before: http://soundcloud.com/ukeeku/2010-lanikai-ck-s-soprano-ukulele
After: http://soundcloud.com/ukeeku/lanikai-ck-s-post-tonerite-96-hour-for-tone

I think it helped, a little.
I just recieved a Eleuke accoustic, fresh off the boat. I started running it last night and will run until monday on low for tone. it sounds kind of flat.
Then she will go home Tuesday.

ukeeku
11-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Last update.
I did it to a Eleuke EAS-C for 96 hours
We will start with the bad news: I don't have a before (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, wife restarted the computer befre I saved it)
Good news: I have a post 96 hour stint.
I noticed a big difference in tone, but not sure it was the tonerite. The humidity was 42% when I started and is now 50%.
All in all I think it works a little. I could see leaving it for a week and it would do something to a brand new uke.
Here is the sound sample
http://soundcloud.com/ukeeku/eleuke-accoustic-post-96-hour-tonerite-session
She goes hom in the morning.
Thanks again for letting me do this.

KevinV
11-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Whether the TR did anything for it or not, I think it sounds great...nice tone.

Hard to believe this started nearly 5 months ago...time sure does fly.