Eleuke Jazz Tenor (Rosewood)

13jparker

Reaction score
I got my Eleuke from Mim's Ukes a couple weeks ago and I am highly impressed.

This is my first electric ukulele, and my first tenor.

Pros:

-The electronics are wonderful, with both a volume and tone knob to adjust how it sounds.
-The sound is great; whether through an amp or headphones (Though through headphones it can be a little too loud.)
-The intonation is spot-on all the way up the fretboard.
-The grain of the rosewood looks amazing.
-The customer service from Mim's Ukes is outstanding, she answered all of my questions quickly and was kind the whole time.
-The tuners work great; it can stay in tune for days at a time.
-Comes with Aquila strings, gig bag, and cleaning cloth.
-The abalone dots on the fingerboard look great.

Cons:

-Can be a little too loud when using the headphone jack.
-The 9-volt battery runs out of power after a few hours of playing. (Not verified, only happened on one battery.)

Overall, I'm very impressed with this ukulele and with Mim's Ukes. If you want one, get it from her.

http://www.mimsukes.com/mimsukes/eleuke/

Sorry the pictures aren't great. The lighting was horrible.

Some videos of mine with it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6eUtV5wOzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObQe0NBP7TQ&feature=channel

Attachments

• 100_2532..jpg
    100_2532..jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 37
  • 100_2524..jpg
    100_2524..jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 100_2525..jpg
    100_2525..jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 100_2530..jpg
    100_2530..jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_2523..jpg
    100_2523..jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
nice!i got the same model...except concert =D...glad we got another eleuker =D...this review was spot on IMO...The thing that really blew me away was the eleuke design from the headstock to the body...it was pleasing to the eye as well as to the ears!

Great review! One question about one of your cons -- if it's too loud with the headphone jack, can't you just turn down the volume?

Well, on mine at least, The volume knob comes on at about 1/16 of a turn. It's too loud even there. It won't burst your eardrums, but it is uncomfortable.

good review! i have the same uke but concert size. i would totally have to agree that mim is awesome!!

anyway, the volume for me through the headphone jack has always been fine when turned down almost all the way.

one question: how is your battery dieing so fast? i've had the same battery since i bought mine several months ago and i play through the headphone jack for about an hour a day every day. i've played it amped and had it plugged in for a couple hours on an amp. i've heard some people having to change the battery after a week, but that was keeping it plugged in all the time.

one question: how is your battery dieing so fast? i've had the same battery since i bought mine several months ago and i play through the headphone jack for about an hour a day every day. i've played it amped and had it plugged in for a couple hours on an amp. i've heard some people having to change the battery after a week, but that was keeping it plugged in all the time.

I honestly don't know. I guess it was just a bad battery or something. I've only used two, so I guess I shouldn't have put that until I'd gotten a better picture or how long it lasts on different types.

here's the back of mine which is essentially the exact same instrument--mine is the concert model. basically, all eleukes look like this from the back (electronics wise)

Attachments

• Eleuke_Back..jpg
    Eleuke_Back..jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom