Ah! WTF is the name of that movie?!

adellethegreat

Reaction score
Okay, okay... tryin to remember the name of a movie I used to love watching when I was growing up, and it's driving me crazy! Even if no one else knows the title, I'll at least feel better if someone else remembers it :)

There was an apartment building with assorted whacky characters living in it, and a diner on the bottom floor- and it was scheduled to be demolished. One of the tenants had some flying robot that he built or found or something... and it started fixing things around the building. It didn't talk or anything- it was like a little saucer type flying thingie & it saved the day by fixing the building up... and then at the end there was a girl robot & they had little baby flying robots... lol

Okay, I know this sounds insane & rambling... but god damnit, it was real! As I reread this, I'm seriously reconsidering hitting the "post" button.... but if you've seen this, I know yr sitting at home going "Dude! Yes!". Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

Batteries Not Included

Oh my goodness thank you guys all so much! I could freaking kiss every one of you! ;)

Me & my buddy were talking about it last night- and we could remember just about every detail except the title. After searching on IMDB & Yahoo, I said "Don't worry! I know just where to find this out... the ukulele forum." "Huh?" ::strange look:: lol

You guys rule!

I think the movie's title was "Paristot eivät sisälly" in Finnish.

But I think the English translation of this classic would be "The Batteries they are not included." ;) - I kid, I kid, it directly translates to Batteries not included, I was just being very literal.

Of course, I don't know what the Finnish title actually was. They give completely different movie titles instead of direct translations. For example the Finnish title of "Remains of the Day" is "A Hard Day's Night." - and that stuff catches Finns out as well. I remember the complaints in the newspaper when people got ready for a Christmas afternoon showing of A Hard Days Night, only to see Remains of the Day. I think they've finally stopped or at least curbed doing that.

But at least it ain't dubbed. That's the worst!

Top Bottom