Song Help Request Need help with Gm/F, Gm/E-flat, and Gm/D slash chords

iDavid

Reaction score
How do you play these chords on a standard uke?

Trying to figure out Feeling Good...

Gm/F, Gm/E-flat, and Gm/D

thanks!

I would probably play something like:

Gm/F - 0211
Gm/Eb - 0331
Gm/D - 0231

Easy to figure out:

Slash notation is giving you the preferred bass note for the chord. So, find your low note on the fret board and build the chord around that.

~DB

Another possibility that might make the bass note line a bit clearer would be
Try strumming strings 321 only to really hear the downward line.
Slash chords are intended for instruments that actually have bass notes. On the uke your ear would hear this progression as Gm7-Eb-Gm

similar question...

trying to figure out these slash chords:

Gm/D
G/D
Dm/F
Bb/A
D7/F#
Gm/A

any help would be muuuuch appreciated.

and i see that you figured out the Gm/D chord as 0231, but isn't that just a plain-ol' Gm chord?

To keep the bass moving downwards I would play 0531 0331 0231 (in re-entrant tuning). The 0531 is a bit of stretch but not too bad.

Can anybody help me with these chords? Dm/C; Dm/B; Dm/E; A7/C#. I understand the theory a little, but ...

trying to figure out these slash chords:

Gm/D
G/D
Dm/F
Bb/A
D7/F#
Gm/A

any help would be muuuuch appreciated.

Remember that the note after the slash is just the bass note. In all of these except for the Bb/A and the Gm/A, the bass note is part of the chord.

Bb/A on ukulele is a Bmaj7 chord. It can be 3210. If you have a low G string, you can make the A the low note and play it as 2211. Gm/A would be a Gm9 chord, and you can play it 2231.

Yes, Gm/D is 0231. Yes, that is just a plain ol' Gm chord. But you're playing a uke, the most bass you're likely to get with a D note is to play it on your C string.

Can anybody help me with these chords? Dm/C; Dm/B; Dm/E; A7/C#. I understand the theory a little, but ...

Are you sure you don't mean Dm/A for that 3rd one?
I'd play Dm/C 2213; Dm/B 2212; Dm/A 2210; A7/C# 0104 or 0454

Dm/E would be either 2200 or 2410. You're going to have to leave out one of the notes in the Dm unless you go higher on the fretboard and play something like a 7500. In most cases, I'd play it as 2200.

I'd suggest using the simple 0100 for the A7/C#.

Remember that the note after the slash is just the bass note. In all of these except for the Bb/A and the Gm/A, the bass note is part of the chord.

Bb/A on ukulele is a Bmaj7 chord. It can be 3210. If you have a low G string, you can make the A the low note and play it as 2211. Gm/A would be a Gm9 chord, and you can play it 2231.

Yes, Gm/D is 0231. Yes, that is just a plain ol' Gm chord. But you're playing a uke, the most bass you're likely to get with a D note is to play it on your C string.

I believe Bb/A would be a Bbmaj7 chord

Top Bottom