Atlanta, GA - Uke shops?

Gmoney

Reaction score
I know that Uke Republic is in Atlanta, but... I will be spending many weeks, starting this week, in Atlanta, & would like to know if there are any good stores w/a good Uke selection? I will be buying something in the next month or so & my hometown of Decatur, Alabama doesn't have any local stores w/Ukes. I'd like to be able to actually try out my next purchase (my first Uke is a great Kala concert I bought from MGM)

If they have a Sam Ash there sometimes they do have a decent selection of ukes, but sometimes they do not. It is hit and miss there. I would bet Uke Republic has the best selection! You can drive 4 hours and see me. Just kidding. I do not have near the knowledge, selection, and set-up skills... Uke Republic is the place to go in that area!!!

I know that Uke Republic is in Atlanta, but... I will be spending many weeks, starting this week, in Atlanta, & would like to know if there are any good stores w/a good Uke selection? I will be buying something in the next month or so & my hometown of Decatur, Alabama doesn't have any local stores w/Ukes. I'd like to be able to actually try out my next purchase (my first Uke is a great Kala concert I bought from MGM)

Hey , we will have our bi-weekly Java Jam in Marietta on the square at Cool Beans coffee and I'll have some things on hand as usual. Mims right , I got the best choices in the A-T-L! Otherwise it's guitar centre and sam ash.

Before UkeRepublic, ukes in the ATL were crap. Other than UkeRepublic, the uke choice in the ATL is still crap. Give Mike a call. He'll set up his showroom for you and if you are lucky he'll be making some crab chowder stuff that is really delicious:)
You can also come to a Java Jam at CoolBeans on the Marietta square or one of the Java Jams near Douglasville/Hiram which is right off I-20.

Hey , we will have our bi-weekly Java Jam in Marietta on the square at Cool Beans coffee and I'll have some things on hand as usual. Mims right , I got the best choices in the A-T-L! Otherwise it's guitar centre and sam ash.

I think that I'll have to make that Java Jam... I really want to see a few other uke's - I'm thinking that I need a tenor for the next one and maybe one from Mainland.

Not only does UkeRepublic bring a carload of new ukes to try out, but most of the other members also bring more than one uke, and we usually let anyone that wants to play em. Its a huge smorgasbord of ukuleles every other Tuesday night. Hope to see you there tomorrow night. Any models you are interested in in particular?

Last edited:
... Any models you are interested in in particular?

Not really, just wanting to see something beyond the Lanikai Soprano my daughter has & the Kala concert that I have. UAS is already kicking in just by lurking on UU & watching eBay auctions! I'm sure it will go into full blown over drive after the Jam! I have a bonus coming in Sept. that will likely feed my next purchase.

Hope to see you in May-retta tomorrow, Bama-boy. I'm going to be leaving NE Atlanta (Brookhaven) hopefully before 4pm heading that way. I don't know where you are, but if it's convenient, I can pick you up and we'll hit Guitar Center on the way, and grab some din-din. Not that they'll have much, but if I get outta Atlanta before rush hour, I'll have time to kill.

UkeRep says he'll have that all-bamboo soprano from his latest video, unless somebody snatches it up first. YAY-YUH!

In the May-Retta Smyrna area anyway, Sam Ash has a much better selection of ukes than Guitar Center (which has almost none). The manager of the Sam Ash on 41 near Cumberland Mall has been playing the uke for a year or so, after a lifetime of guitar. He tells me they sell really well too, so he tries to order more than GC does. Of course Mike at UkeRepublic is the best place to buy, but its easy to play em anytime at the big box stores, and I consider my free tuning them all up as the rental fee lol. I did buy a guitar from GC last month though.

Last edited:
Hope to see you in May-retta tomorrow, Bama-boy. I'm going to be leaving NE Atlanta (Brookhaven) hopefully before 4pm heading that way. I don't know where you are, but if it's convenient

Thanks for the offer... I got wheels as I'm working on Paces Ferry just N. of 285.

UkeRep says he'll have that all-bamboo soprano from his latest video, unless somebody snatches it up first. YAY-YUH!

I was hoping to see it! I can't get my head around how you take ROUND bamboo & flatten it out into uke shapes?!

Thanks for the offer... I got wheels as I'm working on Paces Ferry just N. of 285.

I was hoping to see it! I can't get my head around how you take ROUND bamboo & flatten it out into uke shapes?!
They take those really big bamboo shoots and use them. Not as much flattening:)

Top Bottom