300 Ukulele Videos

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
I posted my 300th uke video today. I have actually made more, but Sony had some of them deleted. Anyway, according to YT it is 300.

The song is a big favourite of mine.

CRAZY LOVE

Thanks for watching.

Ken I'm a avid admirer of yours and I have probably 2/3 of your videos downloaded. I am particularly fond of your Cohen efforts. He has always been a favorite of mine, and I have most of his cds. Your improvisations are awesome. You have such a feel for "finding" your way to the right progressions and runs. Keep up your great work. Would really like to have a few more tutorials on the uke, although I know that is not nearly as much FUN as performing. Lozark

Ken I'm a avid admirer of yours and I have probably 2/3 of your videos downloaded. I am particularly fond of your Cohen efforts. He has always been a favorite of mine, and I have most of his cds. Your improvisations are awesome. You have such a feel for "finding" your way to the right progressions and runs. Keep up your great work. Would really like to have a few more tutorials on the uke, although I know that is not nearly as much FUN as performing. Lozark

I have always loved Leonard Cohen's music. By the mid 70's I had learned all the correct guitar parts to his first few albums. Now, on the uke, I try to do things my own way rather than just copy him.

Doing tutorials aren't as much fun I must admit. I did them on the guitar for a while until people started being a bit nasty and critical. I stopped. Now, I like to do more but i just don't have the time. Since Jamuary 2008 until now I have averaged 11 videos a month though.

Thanks for your comments.

4790684066_da01d03b06_b.jpg

Happy 300, Ken! Next time Sony comes knocking, we'll be ready! :)

Last edited:
Congratulations Ken!! I wish I could play that confidently. Your videos aren't just good performances though. You spend some time and effort to make the setting and lighting attractive and interesting, which keeps the viewer engaged for the long haul. The picture and sound quality are excellent as well, and all these things take a lot of thought and effort.
Many Thanks!
–Lori

4790684066_da01d03b06_b.jpg

Happy 300, Ken! Next time Sony comes knocking, we'll be ready! :)

Outstanding, Alan.

I love the idea that the ukulele originated as a battle weapon used against the Persians at Thermopylae in 480 BC. We shouldn't worry about being politically correct calling it an 'ukulele any more. From now on we should call it μία μικρή κιθάρα, so as not to offend the Spartans.

Well done ken, watch out I'm on your tail! only 298 to catch you up :)

I can see you are close behind me Eroll.

Congratulations Ken!! I wish I could play that confidently. Your videos aren't just good performances though. You spend some time and effort to make the setting and lighting attractive and interesting, which keeps the viewer engaged for the long haul. The picture and sound quality are excellent as well, and all these things take a lot of thought and effort.
Many Thanks!
–Lori

Lori, thanks so much for your support.

An impressive body of work, Ken. Congratulations on a major milestone.

Thanks very much, Doug.

Wonderful job. You record the uke and your voice as separate tracks (at the same time), yes? A dash of reverb on the voice?

Yes, when i am recording a song, I have the H2 sideways on the mic stand. One chanel picks up more of the uke and the other channel picks up more of the voice. I then have some control of the balance between the two.

All professional studeio recording use reverb, so I use a "dash" of it too.

Top Bottom