Kanaka Wai Wai

If anyone is interested, the lyrics and the English translation can be found here. There is also a verse in English and often inserted after the hui or chorus. BTW, it's in the key of F.

F . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F7
Let me walk through Paradise with you Lord
Bb . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F
Take my hand and lead me there
C7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dm
All my earthly treasures I will gladly give to you
G7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . C7
Teach me how to love and how to share
F . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . F7
Greed and lust and vanity were mine Lord
Bb . . . . . . . . . . . . . .A7
Then I found you love divine
Bb . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .F
Now on my knees I pray that I can find the way
G7 . . . . . . . . . C7 . . . . . . .F
Let me walk through Paradise with you (Ia'oe)

Thanks for the youtube video and for putting up the chords on youtube. For someone new to ukes, this is extremely helpful to use for practice. Very nice job.
And a big thanks to kanaka916 for the english translation. So very cool. Really good stuff!

Ron

Kanaka916, thanks for posting the link to the English translation and for posting the chords. I was missing the Dm and F7. I need to learn this again with the new chords.

I knew this was a religious song, but I did not know the sad ending. I think I'll stick with singing the Hawaiian. :)

Listen to the Olomana version if you have it . . . I believe it's on their 2nd album entitled "And So We Are". It's a must have and it's got a number of great songs like
  • Brother's Got A Problem
  • Walk Through A Rainbow
  • Mele O Kaho'olawe

Once again, thanks kanaka916. I searched around and found it on the internet (they don't have it on iTunes, though). But, they play it in G, so I gotta transpose to play along.

Top Bottom