Another new uke!!

arashi_nero

Reaction score
I know it's nothing special, but I finally bought my 5yr old son his own ukulele. It's technically a present from his grandma in Japan, but we got him a Makala red burst dolphin. We let him choose the color. I'm sure MGM will have it out in the mail today and hopefully he'll be able to use it by the end of the week. He is soooooooo excited to have his own ukulele.

I told a friend of mine that we were getting my son this uke and he laughed and said he sees him going rock star on it and breaking it. I doubt it. My son is not the aggressive type and we have enough instruments in the house that he knows the correct way to treat instruments. ;)

That's great Jason, I'm sure he'll love it and take care of it. My grandson has the same uke, he's 6 and takes very good care of his. His sister has the purple Dolphin (she's 7) so we can all play together. I even got an old tourist uke for the 2 year old grandson so he can join in, and we all have a blast even if it often doesn't sound so good! I'm sure you'll both love jamming together.

yeah, my son loves to play, but he has his mother's hands (short fingers) and he can't really reach the top strings yet. he does the Am7 and C chords really well. he just loves to strum tho. whenever i pull out one of my ukes, he always pulls out my soprano and just strums along. he has pretty good rhythm and his mother's perfect ear so he sings really well :D.

Top Bottom