Whats a good song to start with?

LivinHI

Reaction score
hey guys, well ^^^that ^^^ pretty much says what i need =)

"Mary had a little lamb" is pretty hardcore. "Happy Birthday", "When the Saints Go Marching In" and many others.
But perhaps you can be a bit more specific as to what you like to play, and what you came up with through searching the Internets. Will you be strumming, playing solo, do you know any chords? Please check the "search" function of these forums as well, it's a true work of art.

SURF!!! C, Am, F, G7. Pau, no need the bridge, just practice the strumming, and moving your hand for the chords. (thats what i did). or try breakdown by jack johnson, a little more contemporary; C, Em, Am, G. play that with the music video on youtube, its an awesome feeling of accomplishment

SURF!!! C, Am, F, G7. Pau, no need the bridge, just practice the strumming, and moving your hand for the chords. (thats what i did). or try breakdown by jack johnson, a little more contemporary; C, Em, Am, G. play that with the music video on youtube, its an awesome feeling of accomplishment

i second "Surf" by the Ka'au Crater Boys. Strum pattern is down, down, up, up, down. That's the song that I started off with back in elementary when I first picked up the uke.

Brah, try Honey Baby and Drop Baby Drop. Both get da same chords and same strum psttern. A-E6-Bm-E7.

yeah, start off w/ Surf and Honey Baby... then jump into songs w/ more chords like "you don't write" or "pua olena" just so you can get used to more shapes but still keep a simple strum! =)

my 2 centavos!

Jj:nana:

Five Foot Two, really easy song to play.

Pick a song you know well and enjoy.
Look up the chords.
Use the Sheep Entertainment Ukulele Chord Generator to figure out the chords.
Practice it until you've got it kinda down.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

The best songs to start with are ones that you know and enjoy, so that you don't get sick of them, and know when you're playing something wrong.

First song I learned was "Creep" by Radiohead. Fit the bill.

Top Bottom