Close call on YouTube?

Ukester Brown

Reaction score
Currently live in Apple Valley, Minnesota (a Minne
So last summer I think it was I entered a contest on YouTube via ukulele underground (J.T. Pokie sponsored it- The devil song contest) I did "If the devil danced in empty pockets". One of the writers of the song, Ken Spooner (goes by spoonetunes on YouTube) stopped by my video and rather left a nice message. In this season of shut down YouTubers I was sure thankful the song was written by a nice guy! - I do always give credit to the song writers.... hopefully that helped!

Hooray for Ken Spooner!

Although I think that's pretty typical. I feel like the actual creative forces (songwriters, recording artists) generally don't give a rat's rear if you cover their song. They're often flattered, in fact, and tend to see it as only increasing their own sales if anything.

It's the suits at the labels and publishing companies that are usually the ones behind the hammer dropping down.

JJ

Hooray for Ken Spooner!

Although I think that's pretty typical. I feel like the actual creative forces (songwriters, recording artists) generally don't give a rat's rear if you cover their song. They're often flattered, in fact, and tend to see it as only increasing their own sales if anything.

It's the suits at the labels and publishing companies that are usually the ones behind the hammer dropping down.

JJ

Which is why, whenever copyright is discussed with suits, and they say, "But this will destroy the record industry!" I think, "So?"

As if we'll stop making music. As if people will stop buying music. As if creative musicians will never be heard from again. The total collapse of the record industry might just be the single best thing that could happen to music.

Which is why, whenever copyright is discussed with suits, and they say, "But this will destroy the record industry!" I think, "So?"

As if we'll stop making music. As if people will stop buying music. As if creative musicians will never be heard from again. The total collapse of the record industry might just be the single best thing that could happen to music.

God! AMEN to that! VERY well put!
No "recording industry" might very well mean no more autotune! No more inappropriately packaged young ladies! No more prepackaged, Hot-Topic-wearing, pseudo-punk!

*sighs happily, entering a fugue state, imagining such a world...*
EVERYTHING would become "underground music scenes"!

God! AMEN to that! VERY well put!
No "recording industry" might very well mean no more autotune! No more inappropriately packaged young ladies! No more prepackaged, Hot-Topic-wearing, pseudo-punk!

*sighs happily, entering a fugue state, imagining such a world...*
EVERYTHING would become "underground music scenes"!

I couldn't agree more... The majority of "popular" artists now use autotuning... So annoying...

Ken Spooner (goes by spoonetunes on YouTube) stopped by my video and rather left a nice message. In this season of shut down YouTubers I was sure thankful the song was written by a nice guy! - I do always give credit to the song writers.... hopefully that helped!

That's awesome! I covered a song for the Bushman contest a couple of years ago by songster Jaymz Bee who also happen upon my video and left me lovely comments. There are lots of cool people out there!

And autotuned rainbow is great.

Well, that was just a little holiday in YT land. The Obama Ass Kicking Song is great, regardless of your political affiliation.

Autotune is computerized pitch-correction. Reach for that high note and fall flat? Don't worry, we'll fix it with Auto Tune!

Top Bottom