Problem Tuning My ukulele JOYO JT-22B clip on

linnett2000

Reaction score
Hi all
i got a clip on tuner a JOYO JT-22B
but i got a little problem i think (sorry but this is my first time tuning my ukulele and using the tuner) on the menu there are GUITAR BANJO MANDOLIN UKE and so on i put it to uke and i can tune the first 3 strings it shows up 1A 2E 3C but on the 4th it shows up as 1A but if i come off ukulele and put it to Chromatic the first 3 strings are in tune and i can tune the 4th string to G and when i put it back over to ukulele it still says 1A is the normal or should i just stick with the Chromatic settings

many thx for looking

sorry if this is the wrong place to put this post

Sorry for digging this up again...but no point in starting a new one when theres someone else having the same problem ;)

I'm having the same problem with the Joyo JT-12B (mini). Everything else works fine, until you get to the 4th string: G. It just stays on A flat (-50), until you tighten it alot, and it jumps to E!

no idea whats going on. I have it set to the right A4 setting (440). I'm having to use it on chromatic atm.

did you find anyway to fix it linnett? Did you get a new tuner, or are you still using it on chromatic settings?

Why not just use it in the chromatic setting?

thats the plan :p Guess im just one of those people who, if there's a ukulele setting, i want to use it! lol

Aloha Linnett2000 and Nuglar,
Never heard of that brand.....get yourself a good digital clip on chromatic tuner ....Mine is fast accurate and user friendly..
its a Cherub WST 550C...google it ...you can get it online for $15.95 ....good luck!!!! MM Stan
You can e-mail for your product concerns and issues to: info@mandoharp.com

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this will help you - but I started out with a cheap Joyo tuner:
5243_0.jpg

It seems to work best if you pluck the string very lightly. Too much vibration confuses it and it goes haywire, with the needle jumping wildly from side to side.

I can't say if that is the same for yours, but it might be something to try perhaps.

Good luck,
Anna :D

@mm stan: yeah, its not a well known brand. Originally i wanted the kala KA-SC02, but due to high demand in america at the moment, Australia isnt getting much stock of anything Kala at the moment :( and i went the joyo over a cherub because of the size. Cherub was the other option, had no idea which was the better brand at the time. Might go back and get it swapped...if i can find the time.

@AnnaUK: thanks for the advise. i gave it a shot, but it didnt make any difference. Its almost like the tuner is mistaking the 4th string for the 1st (i dont know how thee clip on ones work, so that could be completely wrong)

Top Bottom