PDA

View Full Version : UU dudes are coming to California! SF and SD

rayan
06-08-2008, 10:00 AM
Big news everyone, the Ukulele Underground dudes, Aldrine, Rayan, and Aaron are coming to California!

July 17-24

Schedule

July 18 - Mike DaSilva's 8:00pm - Berkley ($15 cover)
July 20 - Hukilau San Francisco - 6:00 - No Cover All ages! - San Francisco
July 21 - Pacific Arts Dance Studio - Ukulele Seminar + Uke Got Mail Taping - 6:00pm ($15 admission) -San Diego
July 22 - Mo' Island Grinds 6:30pm - San Diego
July 23 - Island Bazaar 7:00pm - Huntington Beach

We're planning to fly into San Francisco do a couple shows there and then fly down to San Diego. People in those areas we need your help!

1. We're trying to get some places to either play a show to promote Aldrine's CD or Teach some ukulele seminars at. If you know any promoters, or music stores which can help us out by providing a venue, please email us (ukuleleundeground(at)gmail.com)

2. We need everyone in those areas to spread the word that we are coming. If the turn out in those 2 cities is good, we'll definitely want to come back. Also if you live in the area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come out to our shows in when we're there. It will determine if we ever come back to the mainland.

3. We may possibly need help finding a place to stay a couple nights. If you have a any recommendations on hotels or areas for us to stay, please email us (ukuleleunderground(at)gmail.com)

We're very excited to meet all of you.

mrmr
06-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Really looking forward to meeting you guys. I'm in for any shows, classes, or just grabbing some drinks. And of course I'll help spread the word.

russ_buss
06-08-2008, 11:30 AM
awesome news Rayan! can't wait to see/meet you guys in person.:nana:

as for venues, maybe you guys can do something at Mike Dasilva's shop. he has a stage and a bunch of folding chairs for his bi-monthly uke club.

i'll email you some hotel ideas.

YEAHHH!

jjsdad
06-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Awesome news indeed!

It's going to be a great ukulele summer for SF folks with:

- UU gang in July
- The San Francisco Aloha Festival (http://www.pica-org.org/AlohaFest/index.html) on Aug 2-3
- The Stern Grove Festival is having their Hawaii performance (http://www.sterngrove.org/08102008.html) on Aug 10 (with Na Leo, Ernie Cruz, Kaukahi, One Right Turn)

:rock:

nikolo727
06-08-2008, 01:20 PM
damnit.

now i have to move about 500 miles just to see the ground that you guys have walked on.

:worship:

Fred Miu
06-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Walnut Creek is a great place to stay, since its the cheapest in the area for a few nights. plus bart is there (like the local bus transit on the island)

plus my dad will help you guys out if you stay in Walnut Creek. haha

OrangeUke
06-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow this is BIG NEWS!!!!!

....although I need to get my parents to give me a 2 hour drive to san diego

tribal_theory1
06-08-2008, 04:28 PM
hey, i'm gonna see if polynesian underground wants to do somethin with you guys. they've been instrumental in helping us get to where we are, and they're always down to help someone if they're coming out from the islands. i'm sure they'd be able to find you guys some places to play, and maybe help with a place to stay. i'll be in touch.

salukulady
06-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Instead of flying from SF to SD how about driving and stopping in Huntington Beach for a concert at Island Bazaar? www.ukuleleparadise.com I know the owner and about 100+ uke players in the area, and a lot of your fans from L.A. would come.

rayan
06-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Instead of flying from SF to SD how about driving and stopping in Huntington Beach for a concert at Island Bazaar? www.ukuleleparadise.com I know the owner and about 100+ uke players in the area, and a lot of your fans from L.A. would come.

If you can help us out with that, putting us in contact with the people we need to contact, we'd definitely come to Orange County. My brother lives in Irvine and it would be great to see him.

salukulady
06-08-2008, 07:25 PM
I will talk to her this week.

rayan
06-08-2008, 07:26 PM
hey, i'm gonna see if polynesian underground wants to do somethin with you guys. they've been instrumental in helping us get to where we are, and they're always down to help someone if they're coming out from the islands. i'm sure they'd be able to find you guys some places to play, and maybe help with a place to stay. i'll be in touch.

Thank you Dom! You are the man!

rayan
06-08-2008, 07:29 PM
awesome news Rayan! can't wait to see/meet you guys in person.:nana:

as for venues, maybe you guys can do something at Mike Dasilva's shop. he has a stage and a bunch of folding chairs for his bi-monthly uke club.

i'll email you some hotel ideas.

YEAHHH!

Thanks for the suggestions Russ! One of those hotels looked really cool but it says they're booked solid for when we were planning to be there.

russ_buss
06-08-2008, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Russ! One of those hotels looked really cool but it says they're booked solid for when we were planning to be there.

oh bummer, you're probably referring to hotel tomo. they have the anime themed rooms. the place is trippy!

polynesianpop
06-08-2008, 07:49 PM

I was going to suggest Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach also. I used to go there early last year for regular strumming sessions. Shirley has a nice setup with a small stage and lots of folding chairs. If you did an event there I'm sure you guys would get a really good turnout.

rayan
06-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I was going to suggest Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach also. I used to go there early last year for regular strumming sessions. Shirley has a nice setup with a small stage and lots of folding chairs. If you did an event there I'm sure you guys would get a really good turnout.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and send Shirley an E-mail tomorrow. Sounds like a great place.

berylbite
06-08-2008, 08:23 PM
Man.... I wish I lived around those parts.

jjsdad
06-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Rayan, I'm not sure how much you folks want to spend, but when we have relatives visiting the Bay Area (esp. with big families) they stay at the Embassy Suites. There's one in South San Francisco and another one in Burlingame. The Burlingame one is further from the City, but is located right on the Bay and is quite nice to walk around. Since they provide free breakfast and some snacks at happy hour, I think it's a pretty good deal for what you get. I bet you might be able to get a deal on the rooms if you put on a show in their atrium (or at least a free meal at their restaurant ;) ).

kyle
06-08-2008, 09:11 PM
wow i hella cant wait for this!! haha i'll definitely try to make it out to the sf thing

clevacheva
06-08-2008, 09:34 PM
WOWW......
this sucks.. i'm not even going to be in the states :[ i'm going to europe..
so THAT means that you guys all have to come back again!!! haha

i wish i was here when they come down to san diego

rayan
06-08-2008, 11:26 PM
Alright our flights are booked! It's official, watch out Cali, we comin!:rock:

deadeye
06-09-2008, 01:00 AM
in san diego u guys should check out "USA Hostels San Diego" - its downtown. im working there atm, but ill be back in the uk by the time ur here which succckkksss

but yeah its cheap, comfortable. friendly and location is perfect for san diego. also for the off nights u can party at the hostel, go out to the bars/clubs in the gaslamp. its perfect.

also check out the world beat center in balboa park. they host all kind of concerts, and they have hosted ukulele bands before. they'd definately be into it and they have a huge following of guests.

sooo sad im gunna miss it

dnewton2
06-09-2008, 02:33 AM
So does this mean Aldrine's CD will be out by the time you visit? Also I would reccomend Embassy Suites (from an earlier post) Their Breakfast is the best.

ukulelemotion
06-09-2008, 08:42 AM
this is AWESOME... i can't wait to meet you guys.. aldrine is my hero!!! i picked up the uke about 6 months ago after watching him and seeing his tutorials.. can't wait. God Bless.. one:music:

rayan
06-09-2008, 09:16 AM
So does this mean Aldrine's CD will be out by the time you visit? Also I would reccomend Embassy Suites (from an earlier post) Their Breakfast is the best.

Yep we'll have Aldrine's CD with us and a bunch of UU merchandise.

deach
06-09-2008, 09:17 AM

Like the UU red and silky?

rayan
06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Like the UU red and silky?

Worn by Aldrine himself... I kid I kid. :p

rayan
06-09-2008, 09:35 AM
From suggestions from a couple of people. If anyone wants to offer their couches and floors to us in those cities, we'll also consider that as well. Anything to help us keep the costs down. :D

salukulady
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
If you play at Island Bazaar (I will be at Shirley's tomorrow and talk to her about this) I can probably put you up for a night.

dnewton2
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM

Will the CD and/or UU merchandise be avalible to folks that are not in the Cali area. Mainly the CD, I know you guys offer UU merchandise alot.

deach
06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Will the CD and/or UU merchandise be avalible to folks that are not in the Cali area. Mainly the CD, I know you guys offer UU merchandise alot.

Yeah, show some east coast love.

russ_buss
06-09-2008, 09:58 AM
From suggestions from a couple of people. If anyone wants to offer their couches and floors to us in those cities, we'll also consider that as well. Anything to help us keep the costs down. :D

i may be able to help you guys out. i'll PM you the info.

edit: your PM box is full. sent email instead.

rayan
06-09-2008, 10:10 AM

The CD will be for sale on the website as well. No pre orders for this one so there won't be a long wait like the t-shirts:p Everyone who buys one from ukuleleunderground.com will get their copy signed by Aldrine.

rayan
06-09-2008, 10:12 AM
First appearance booked.

Mike DaSilva's July 18th... night time.

Please if you live in the Bay area, come out to see us there at our first official mainland event!

Jimmy
06-09-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm so jealous :P

Remember you're always welcome here in Belfast Rayan... Just need to cross the pond http://209.85.12.232/4244/131/emo/Happy_Smiley.gif

FHS-72
06-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to finally meeting you guys, hopefully, next month. Will try REAL hard to make it. If you guys ever try to make it to Sacramento, I'll put u guys up for a couple of days. Local grinds and filipino food. I know that the one of the Borders Book Stores always have hawaii people come to entertain almost every month.

Nurdaben
06-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Awesome, i hope you guys play in Huntington beach, if not looks like i will be making the 90mile drive down to SD =) cant wait

rayan
06-09-2008, 03:23 PM
Awesome, i hope you guys play in Huntington beach, if not looks like i will be making the 90mile drive down to SD =) cant wait

We're trying to set something up in Orange County. I emailed Shirley but no response yet. I'll try and give her a call tomorrow.

KAWIKA27
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM

ive been there once when my uncle did a work shop there.

salukulady
06-09-2008, 04:16 PM
ive been there once when my uncle did a work shop there.Can I ask your uncle's name?

salukulady
06-09-2008, 04:18 PM
We're trying to set something up in Orange County. I emailed Shirley but no response yet. I'll try and give her a call tomorrow.I emailed Shirley today also. I will speak with her tomorrow when I see her. She has been very busy with family stuff lately.

alden
06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
I might know a couple of places in SF more specifically the Mission District/Daly City and Inner Richmond areas. I'll talk to the owners to see if we can use those venues and if those dates will work.

Looking forward to your visit :rock:

4strings707
06-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Alright!!! Thats awesome you're coming to the bay area. I'm definitely gonna hit up da silvas. Its a cool vibe up there and i'm sure ur gonna rip up the stage. How many nights will you be in the bay? We Bay Area folks should set up a BBQ/Jam session during your stay. Let me know if thats possible. Hope to see you guys. Peace

mrmr
06-09-2008, 07:56 PM
I might know a couple of places in SF more specifically the Mission District/Daly City and Inner Richmond areas. I'll talk to the owners to see if we can use those venues and if those dates will work.

Hey Alden, maybe the Mission cultural center? I'm checking on one other spot. I'll chime back in when I learn more.

rayan
06-09-2008, 08:43 PM

We'll probably only be in the bay area for the weekend and flying out to San Diego maybe Monday morning.

surfer808and949
06-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey guys

I definitely think you'd be at a miss to not come to Orange County. Island Bazaar is probably THE place for anything and everything Ukulele (as close as we can get for being on the mainland) in orange county. It's a big store, but they hold clinics and huge group lessons on certain tuesdays and thursdays every month. I'm sure you guys could be the surprise guest there and wow everyone...since you guys play some mean ukulele. It'd be a nice treat from the "ok tonight we're learning mary had a little lamb" (just kidding, the place is awesome)

it's not like a club gig or a music "venue" perse, but it's where you'd find the biggest gathering of Ukulele players.

there's a few other places in orange county that are quite easy to book a gig at (Hogue Barmichaels by the orange county airport being one of them) that is a club/venue type of feel and you could promote that show while playing at Island Bazaar. It's not a huge venue so you shouldn't have a problem filling it. I'll get as many mainland based Hawaiians I know to roll out and show some support.

if you guys don't feel like driving from San Fran, there's quite a few flights to Orange County (SNA-santa ana airport) from San fran or Oakland (Alaska air has cheap flights). the drive from Orange County to San Diego is an easy one, and I'm sure one of us from orange county could take you guys down.

PM me if you guys need anything

davoomac
06-10-2008, 03:00 AM
OKay, the next step is for us to increase the number of guamies on UU and then have you guys come out to GUAM. Maybe we can get some Aldrine songs on the radio!

CAPT Mike
06-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Hah!:cool::rock:
U guyz can join the Ukulele Society of America for their weekly Kanikapila in North San Diego County. The meet each Thursday 1800-2100 (6PM-9PM). On the 19th and 26th of July they will be at the Ocean House restaurant in their grand ballroom and gazebo. Pat Enos and Bill Tapia are the Conductors. Bill is amazing for 100 years old! Bring da CDs and stuff. We have 50-75 people with ukuleles singing and playing each week. Group members come up and "Guest Conduct" songs and we have lots of hula dancers. You can actually hear yourself play!:D

Kanaka916
06-10-2008, 06:31 AM
First appearance booked.

Mike DaSilva's July 18th... night time.

Please if you live in the Bay area, come out to see us there at our first official mainland event!
NE odda venues planned fo da rest of da time you guys goin be hea (NorCal)? Goin try fo make um, but Friday aftanoon/evening drivin into da Bay Area is horras.

FHS-72
06-10-2008, 07:54 AM
That's ok Danny. If we go I drive, but we gotta leave early.

rayan
06-10-2008, 09:23 AM
This is our tentative schedule as of right now pending some gigs in certain cities.

July 18 - 20 - Bay Area
July 21 - 22 - San Diego
July 23 - Orange County

The days we are in each city may change according to new shows that are still being set up. If you have a venue that we can do a small performance at in those cities please let us know.

rayan
06-10-2008, 09:38 AM
New Date added -

July 22 - Mo's Island Grindz - 6:30pm - San Diego

LagunaUku
06-10-2008, 10:49 AM
If you guys need a ride to/from Orange County, I'd be happy to play chauffeur for you guys. I know a few places here in Laguna Beach that might be very interested in a performance (The Royal Hawaiian and The Sandpiper). I'll look into it. But regardless, I'll be there in Huntington!

Kaneohe til the end
06-10-2008, 11:11 AM
aww you guys are going to miss the roy sakuma ukulele festival

LagunaUku
06-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Im not sure what your Orange County schedule will be, but I found a great place for you guys to play here in Laguna: http://www.mozambiqueoc.com/entertainment.html

Read the column on the right hand side of the link (it's a little long, but describes their sound setup). They will also record the entire performance on a CD, as well as a one-song DVD, free of charge. It's a really great set-up that gets good weekday crowds. It's right on PCH here in Laguna and one block from Pearl Street beach.

If you guys are interested, here is the booking contact: booking@mozambiqueoc.com

Looking forward to seeing you all!

facemeltingukulele
06-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I might be able to hook you up with gigs in LA. Also, have you considered playing on 3rd st. in Santa Monica? Garans you'll sell some CDs. Each band member needs to get a 37 dollar license though, but its good all year round. Allow 3days for processing, and you need 2 pasport size photos. Plus I'll let you use my PA system and battery set up and I can give you a ride (if I can borrow my girlfriends car). PM me if you're interested. I'll have to talk it over with my girlfriend, but I've got a spare room and couch you guys could crash on while in LA.

mcarreon89
06-10-2008, 02:21 PM
my auntie owns two of these in san diego and im sure she would love to hold a jam or concert and promote adrines cd. and im sure people of the sd represent could get many many people to go.

JoeyJr858
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
:worship:stoked to finally meet you guys!!! See ya @ Mo's!

JoeyJr858
06-10-2008, 03:01 PM
I got a PA if you guys need for Mo's in SD. Lemme know... I can get the specs if you guys need too.

word
Jj

rayan
06-10-2008, 03:21 PM
my auntie owns two of these in san diego and im sure she would love to hold a jam or concert and promote adrines cd. and im sure people of the sd represent could get many many people to go.

Hey dude, if you can help us set something up Monday during the day on the 21st or 22nd that would be awesome.

Ame
06-10-2008, 03:24 PM
oh dang a Mike DaSilva's show, I'll try my very best to be there for sure! :) and possibly bring people haha but we'll see.

It's going to be hella fun times, I'm sure. Can't wait!

NoLine
06-10-2008, 07:20 PM
oh wow
sweet
ill be there

drifterx
06-10-2008, 09:00 PM
i will be there also.. ill miss one day of motogp... lol

Ame
06-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Invite people using Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20771327845

I can take it down, if you'd rather not.. ><;;

mrmr
06-10-2008, 11:54 PM
I just put up a post on Upcoming. If you're on there add the event.

http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/780396/?ps=7

Ryan, I know you said to go ahead and add it, but if you want anything changed or edited, just let me know.

rayan
06-11-2008, 12:03 AM
Invite people using Facebook?

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=20771327845

I can take it down, if you'd rather not.. ><;;

Ryan, I know you said to go ahead and add it, but if you want anything changed or edited, just let me know.

Thank you guys our schedule is pretty sparse now but hopefully we can get a lot of people at all the shows we do. The more the word gets out the better!

IamRobbyah
06-11-2008, 06:47 AM
Alright!!! Thats awesome you're coming to the bay area. I'm definitely gonna hit up da silvas. Its a cool vibe up there and i'm sure ur gonna rip up the stage. How many nights will you be in the bay? We Bay Area folks should set up a BBQ/Jam session during your stay. Let me know if thats possible. Hope to see you guys. Peace

Exactly what I was thinkin!!! Methinks Rob's house in the north bay! So, uh Ray, how bout we carpool this time(to DaSilva's), eh? heh.

Ryan, I may be able to cough up a bed and a couch if u guys wanna come up to the north bay an ur not allergic to a cat an dog. Theres a huge Pilipino/Guamanian/Hawaiian population up here. Its bout 45 mins from the city. There's an L&L that's owned by a lady that host HI artists all the time. I'll give u her email an maybe u guys can work somethin out. Any flyers or anything? I'd be down to print em out at Kinko's an distribute around.

tribal_theory1
06-11-2008, 09:56 AM
i've been in touch with both mana and derrik of polynesian underground. they're gonna check some stuff out and let me know hopefully by the end of this week.

dafamcallsmebj
06-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I got a PA if you guys need for Mo's in SD. Lemme know... I can get the specs if you guys need too.

word
Jj

we're good for the PA...
since we are going to be there we are just gunna bring all of our equipment so we dont have to worry about mixing things up and all that jazz...
thanks tho JJ!!

rayan
06-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Here are the dates we still have open. If you can help us finding a place to play or things to do that would be awesome.

July 19 - All Day - Bay Area
July 20 - 11:00am - 3pm - Bay Area
July 21 - All Day - San Diego
July 22 - 11:00am - 3pm - San Diego
July 23 - All Day / Orange County or L.A.

UKESTAR
06-12-2008, 04:17 PM
New Date added -

July 22 - Mo's Island Grindz - 6:30pm - San Diego

Excellent! Will be there for good food and music...can't beat that:) Can you tell us what songs are included in the CD or is it top secret FBI stuff...

Kanaka916
06-12-2008, 04:26 PM

Need mo info on your Upcoming page like: 1) a POC 2) pay at the door 3) advance reserve tickets for folks comin' out of town or 4) is it first come, first served. The event calendar on DaSilva site is not updated.

Misguided Musician
06-12-2008, 05:17 PM
I'll be trying my best to get you out here in carson because there are hundreds of Aldrine fans that I know here.

OrangeUke
06-12-2008, 09:31 PM
I'll be trying my best to get you out here in carson because there are hundreds of Aldrine fans that I know here.

Yay! if it's carson things will be alot easier for me.:D

rayan
06-13-2008, 11:59 AM
New date added!

Thanks to Sally, we will be at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach on Wednesday July 23 at 7pm.

gobes
06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
New date added!

Thanks to Sally, we will be at Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach on Wednesday July 23 at 7pm.

Cool. I'll be there.

FunkyPeaNutZ
06-14-2008, 05:19 AM
Nice, you'll be in the LA area. I'll be sure to check that one out. I'm almost 99% sure I'll be heading down to the SD venue to, I need to hang out with SD UU fam bam too. Good times ahead bros...

dragoonfly
06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
The one night you're here in Orange County, and I can't go. I am teaching a night class MW nights. Boooo...I'm so sad. :(

KAWIKA27
06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
New date added!

ive been there once ima see if i can go start planing, also to clarify whats the cost??

salukulady
06-14-2008, 01:45 PM
Island Bazaar charges $5.00 per person at the door for a Jam session. That evening will be a special edition jam session with three very special guests from Hawaii. Of course, remember to bring extra $$$ for UU t-shirts and CD's. Also Island Bazaar has lots of ukes and uke stuff for sale too!

bsting
06-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Yay, this is awesome!! I'll definitely attend the Berkeley show!!

Not that you know me....but if you need any ex-Oahu/UH grad friends, there are several of us in San Francisco that would love to cruise!

pakiboy949
06-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I would've offered you to stay at my place in Irvine, but unfortunately I move out of my apartment on the 4th of July back with my parents. D: sorry.

polynesianpop
06-16-2008, 07:59 AM
New date added!

YES!!! :nana:

rayan
06-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Can anyone in the bay area help us find a place to play on Saturday July 19? I have a friend working on something but not sure if he'll be able to come through.

KAWIKA27
06-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Can I ask your uncle's name?

Kimo Hussey

russ_buss
06-17-2008, 07:34 AM
Can anyone in the bay area help us find a place to play on Saturday July 19? I have a friend working on something but not sure if he'll be able to come through.

what size venue are you looking for? does it have to be a music venue or will a music shop or bar/cafe do?

FrankNoCal
06-17-2008, 11:46 AM
What about Temple Bar in Berkeley? It's kinda small but they usually have something going on once a month. You want the contact info?

mrmr
06-17-2008, 12:04 PM
I haven't checked the schedule, but how about Honu near Japan town in SF? Besides, they have really good Hawaiian food!

TsouL
06-17-2008, 12:19 PM
you guys should play in san jose for the hell of it...like just chill downtown and check out the art museum..i forgot what its called but its free and nice place to play...outside i mean its a nice open park that people go to

dafamcallsmebj
06-17-2008, 12:21 PM

did u guys find a place to stay in sd?

salukulady
06-17-2008, 02:05 PM
Kimo Hussey

Wow! He and his wife joined our jam a couple weeks ago. All I can say is, Wow!
He was amazing. After I heard him at our jam I was sorry I missed his workshop and concert.

pakiboy949
06-17-2008, 08:51 PM
there's a place in Irvine/Tustin (Orange County California) called "The District" kinda like an outdoor shopping mall, I bet you can set up a gig there... don't necessarily know how though.

http://www.thedistricttl.com

check it out.

pakiboy949
06-17-2008, 08:52 PM
oh and also in Irvine there's another outdoor shopping mall called "The Irvine Spectrum," you can check that out too, i'm not sure how the whole thing works though.

IamRobbyah
06-18-2008, 07:20 PM

Hey Ryan, like I mentioned in an earlier post, Vallejo (about 25 mins from Berk) would be a good spot. U guys can crash at my place (bbq/filipino food/drinks -- UU bbq anyone?) and I'd be more than happy to drive u guys back an forth.

A lady named Nadine, here in town does a lot of promoting for quite a few HI artist (3+ an 10 Feet, for starters). I believe she owns at least one L & L... Her email is readily available if your interested.

There are also tons of islanders here in Solano county that I'm sure would show support.

Othawise, maybe try Sun Jose (sunjose.com or on myspace). They're a pretty dominant source of HI goods here in the bay and could prolly promote somethin fierce. They've got a gig with 3+ next week, holla!

Lemme kno! My house is really comfy and I am a pretty accomodating person.

Kanaka916
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
I don't know Nadine personally, but have talked to her for info and tickets for "local" events. She could probably work something. Call her . . . Nadine @707-712-0194. I'm hoping something can happen.

rayan
06-18-2008, 07:45 PM
did u guys find a place to stay in sd?

Hey BJ, no we didn't find a place to stay in SD yet. Though I just go in touch with Mana from Polynesian Underground today. Looks like we might be able to put together another thing on Monday.

rayan
06-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks everyone whos been giving us suggestions! You guys are so awesome! Humbled everyday.

alden
06-18-2008, 09:16 PM
I haven't checked the schedule, but how about Honu near Japan town in SF? Besides, they have really good Hawaiian food!

Hey mrmr.. .I checked out Honu. They are booked for July 19th.

thi5guy
06-19-2008, 09:48 AM
Man I cant wait to see you guys play. I will be at the HB show and will try to get people to come out and watch. You guys might be able to play at Mai Tai bar in Long Beach.

http://www.maitaibar.com/california_menu.html

pakiboy949
06-22-2008, 07:59 PM
I will more than likely be at the Huntington Beach show.

salukulady
06-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Okay, kids! It's official. Shirley at Island Bazaar has announced "Da Guys" are coming! We are so excited to have you here. It has educated a whole new group of people about UU. Now all you followers help make it for Shirley. She is a wonderful uke dealer who does it for the love of the music. We want to keep her in business. So if you live in So Cal and are looking to buy a new uke or uke related items, give her your $$$. She has many ukes in her store. Also, her online store is www.ukuleleparadise.com Check it out! Aloha

KiLO
06-26-2008, 08:27 PM
I will definitely cruise down and meet up at Island Bazaar in HB. I have some friends in SD too, so maybe I'll cruise down there as well.

BTW, Island Bazaar is a great shop! I just went down there a few days ago and bought a case for my uke.

Gypsydc
06-27-2008, 07:34 PM
I'm brand new around this UU world as I only recently stumbled upon it. I am also brand new to playing the uke but since I've discovered this site and Aldrine's lessons it's been so wonderful. I live in Fresno and Berkeley isn't too far away. I'm going to make my best attempt to come and watch the performance. My sister attends Berkeley so I'll drag her along too! Thanks for the awesome site guys!

:)

IamRobbyah
06-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey Ryan, any updates on ur second day in The Bay?

rayan
06-29-2008, 03:20 PM
We are doing a seminar in San Diego on July 21st at the Pacific Arts Dance Studio.

http://www.pacificartsds.com/Welcome.html

We'll probably film a live version of 'Uke Got Mail' there as well so be sure to come early if you want to appear in an episode!

IamRobbyah
06-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Ic, that sounds cool. But have you guys found a second venue for your stay in the SF bay?

dafamcallsmebj
06-29-2008, 05:40 PM
We are doing a seminar in San Diego on July 21st at the Pacific Arts Dance Studio.

http://www.pacificartsds.com/Welcome.html

We'll probably film a live version of 'Uke Got Mail' there as well so be sure to come early if you want to appear in an episode!

what time is the seminar???

mcarreon89
07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
yo ryan i live about five to ten minutes away from mos islands. and if you still havent found a place to crash here in san diego your more than welcome. we jam like every day too so if your interested let me know.

rayan
07-03-2008, 06:10 PM
yo ryan i live about five to ten minutes away from mos islands. and if you still havent found a place to crash here in san diego your more than welcome. we jam like every day too so if your interested let me know.

You gonna go to the seminar / filming at Pacific Arts Dance Studio the day before too?

rayan
07-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey Ryan, any updates on ur second day in The Bay?

Still working on it... Might not happen... no, must be positive. We'll figure something out! If anything maybe we can just have a UU meet up and film some stuff for the site.

rayan
07-04-2008, 10:54 AM
2nd Bay Area date SET!

Sunday July 20th - Hukilau San Francisco - 6:00 pm No Cover, All ages

mcarreon89
07-04-2008, 12:48 PM
You gonna go to the seminar / filming at Pacific Arts Dance Studio the day before too?

ya im pretty sure. why do you ask?>??

alden
07-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Added event on Yelp.com

http://www.yelp.com/events/berkeley-ukulele-underground-at-desilvas-workshop

alden
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
dasilva website says $20 at the door. what is the right price?

posted 2nd event on yelp.
http://www.yelp.com/events/san-francisco-ukulele-underground-at-the-hukilau

russ_buss
07-14-2008, 12:10 PM
Added event on Yelp.com

http://www.yelp.com/events/berkeley-ukulele-underground-at-desilvas-workshop

nice, good looking out Alden! we should hit up coach sushi after!

Guting
07-14-2008, 02:33 PM
HUKILAU!!!!!

good choice.

Danyo Cummings
07-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm stoked that UU is Cali bound! can i come next time??? :)

NukeDOC
07-14-2008, 10:33 PM
I'm stoked that UU is Cali bound! can i come next time??? :)
we were all hoping you would come THIS TIME.

Kanaka916
07-15-2008, 06:00 AM
Yea, wassup wit dat?

JoeyJr858
07-15-2008, 07:07 AM
Hey Ryan n Aldrine...

I have marriott points. I could put you guys up in a hotel for a night in San Diego.. possibly 2. Still need it?

Let me know!

Joey Jr:music:

alden
07-16-2008, 02:46 PM
nice, good looking out Alden! we should hit up coach sushi after!

Russ - Mos Def! Jonesy says she would like to join us for pre/concert/post gatherings so lemme know what you and Trina got planned.

rayan
07-16-2008, 10:24 PM
dasilva website says $20 at the door. what is the right price?

posted 2nd event on yelp.
http://www.yelp.com/events/san-francisco-ukulele-underground-at-the-hukilau

Dang, looks like there was a price bump. I guess Mike thinks an Aldrine performance is worth that much. We'll try to make it worth your time and money to be there though with some giveaways and some filming for the website.

ELEVATED THOUGHT
07-17-2008, 07:40 AM
aww man, i can't make it to DaSilva's! i got called in last minute to work security at the Lani Misalucha/Society of Seven concert @ the Cow Palace tomorrow night. boooo! ..i'll try to make it to Hukilau on Sunday though.

Ame
07-18-2008, 09:28 AM
aww man, i can't make it to DaSilva's! i got called in last minute to work security at the Lani Misalucha/Society of Seven concert @ the Cow Palace tomorrow night. boooo! ..i'll try to make it to Hukilau on Sunday though.

No! JD! rawr! not cool... not cool

Dang, looks like there was a price bump. I guess Mike thinks an Aldrine performance is worth that much. We'll try to make it worth your time and money to be there though with some giveaways and some filming for the website.

$20! wtf.. :: poor college student suffering::

Fred Miu
07-18-2008, 09:42 AM
its not $20, it shouldnt be anyway.

i got an email from him saying $15

and all shows are $15. unless if your jake, it might be bumped haha. but i dont see why it should be that much. bring an extra 5 just in case.

Kanaka916
07-18-2008, 09:45 AM
I was really looking forward to this since the tour was announced. Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend this evening's festivities. Couldn't schedule time off from work. So please, for those who do attend, please post a review, pics, and vids would be better. And someone, anyone, pass my regards to Aldrine, Ryan and Aaron. Enjoy!

FrankNoCal
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Here's an email exchange between me and Mike yesterday. Looks like it should be $15, but better bring some extra. Me, my wife and two daughters are going. Damn, that's $80.

Hi,
I must have made a mistake on my website. I'd go with the $15. Hope you can make it.
-Mike

Mike,
Ukulele Underground says the cover charge for tomorrow's concert is $15. This site says $20. Which one is it?
-Frank

Also, I read in Aldrine's blog that their flight was delayed. Anybody hear anything else on that? Have they made it to the mainland yet? If I hear anything, I'll post it.

russ_buss
07-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Here's an email exchange between me and Mike yesterday. Looks like it should be $15, but better bring some extra. Me, my wife and two daughters are going. Damn, that's $80.

Hi,
I must have made a mistake on my website. I'd go with the $15. Hope you can make it.
-Mike

Mike,
Ukulele Underground says the cover charge for tomorrow's concert is $15. This site says $20. Which one is it?
-Frank

Also, I read in Aldrine's blog that their flight was delayed. Anybody hear anything else on that? Have they made it to the mainland yet? If I hear anything, I'll post it.

thanks for the price update Frank. yeah, the UU guys landed in san francisco about an hour ago. so the show is on. looking forward to meeting all y'all!

cheers,russell

JosephBautista
07-18-2008, 10:06 PM
It was cool meeting all 3 of you guys there at mike's yall should come up here more often i hope all 3 of you have fun on your cali tour!!!, nice to meet the fluke man himself in person hehe i wanted him to sing summertime wit his melodica and fluke :]...

Fred Miu
07-18-2008, 10:16 PM
JP, did you take pictures?

IamRobbyah
07-18-2008, 10:30 PM
So as I sit here and enjoy my frost-ridden icecream (chocolate malted krunch – if u must kno), the first thing that comes to mind is, dang, Dominator is one cool a$$ mutha! The second thing – ugh, the beer made my random Filipino outburst make quite a few appearances. My apologies…

Tonight was a really cool show, enough so to make me even happier to live in the bay.

I would’ve neva thought that I’d hear Aldrine combine “nice uke” an “Lanikai” in the same sentence… none-the-less, I got him to sign my uke!

It was a pleasure seein u all and meetin new faces. Something I learned tonight: Ame is pronounced “Amy” not “Ah-may”… duh. Even though I remember watchin her vid. I blame the beer.

Hope everyone made it home safely! Cant wait to see u all at the next meet!!!

Ame
07-18-2008, 10:35 PM
Tonight was full of amazing, as expected. You guys really put on a great show! :) I filmed most, if not all of the performances and some of the Q&A stuff. I'll try to get those videos up soon for you guys! Hopefully I can go to the SF show and film that for you guys as well. I wish I took pictures, but I was busy filming haha I can only do one thing at a time. Me and multitasking don't mix. I'm really glad to have met a bunch of other UU'ers. haha and jamming (I played Mika! O_O haha) with you guys was a blast! I really want to make it to the next Bay Area meet. Should be more fun times with you guys.

IharttheUUfambam. :D

Ame
07-18-2008, 10:37 PM
It was a pleasure seein u all and meetin new faces. Something I learned tonight: Ame is pronounced “Amy” not “Ah-may”… duh. Even though I remember watchin her vid. I blame the beer.

Hope everyone made it home safely! Cant wait to see u all at the next meet!!!

haha yea my name can be umm complicated when it's being read. People call me both, so whichever. xP

I totally got lost from dropping my friend off at the BART.. lost in Oakland. I was scared, but somehow found the freeway by accident. I was so relieved.

::EDIT:: I just realized that they linked here for my footage and such but I moved it to the other thread: http://ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4342&page=2

rayan
07-18-2008, 10:54 PM
We had an awesome time tonight. Man what a turn out! UU Bay Area repping HARD. Thank you everyone for coming out to the show tonight. We're just cruising at Russ_buss's place. Just ordered a Pizza. Looking forward to meeting everybody else in the other tour locations.

NoLine
07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
AWW OMG I can't believe I missed out....
I will most def be there on Sunday
this looked like so much fun
I hope everyone shows up again Sunday

rayan
07-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Theres a picture on Aldrine camera of everybody that was there. over 40 people. Awesome turn out.

deach
07-19-2008, 12:01 AM
So jealous..........:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

RON<>VA
07-19-2008, 04:41 AM
Man, having that much fun out there is Cali should be against the law. All of you who attended are under arrest! :biglaugh:

kyle
07-19-2008, 07:46 AM
man the show last night was hella worth it! thanks again guys. wish i stayed longer now though!!!

JosephBautista
07-19-2008, 08:15 AM
JP, did you take pictures?

yeah i got 2 group pics and 1 pic with aldrine, and a whole bunch of vids of aldrine and rayan. but yeah dude they're all cool kids, but puremarkska took the majority of the pics/vids they are goin to post it on UU after the tour "Uke Got Mail" i wanna jam today wit em, i still wanna hear aaron play sumertime tho xD

IamRobbyah
07-19-2008, 09:15 AM
wait a min. Kyle, where were u? I could name er'one in the pics, but no Kyle to be found. mah bad for not gettin to meet u!

kyle
07-19-2008, 09:26 AM
aww i think i left before you guys took group pics. my friend had to go. all good though, i'll for sure show up at the next bay area meet up

jjsdad
07-19-2008, 10:13 AM
man the show last night was hella worth it! thanks again guys. wish i stayed longer now though!!!

Yea! It was hella, hella, worth it! And I wished I stayed even longer than I did (I left at 11:15 pm.).

Aldrine and Rayan jamming, Dom and Aldrine jamming, a bunch of others singing Honey Baby (and "My Dominator")... who could ask for a better night! :nana:

FrankNoCal
07-19-2008, 10:16 AM
The show last night was excellent! My wife and daughters were very impresed. Both my girls want to learn the uke now. Seeing Aldrine play in person is awesome. It was nice to meet some of the people that I know from the forums here. Got to meet Russ and Jeremy and recognized some of the others. If anybody from the Bay didn't go last night, DO NOT MISS TOMORROW'S SHOW!

russ_buss
07-19-2008, 10:39 AM
The show last night was excellent! My wife and daughters were very impresed. Both my girls want to learn the uke now. Seeing Aldrine play in person is awesome. It was nice to meet some of the people that I know from the forums here. Got to meet Russ and Jeremy and recognized some of the others. If anybody from the Bay didn't go last night, DO NOT MISS TOMORROW'S SHOW!

it was nice to meet you last night, Frank the Norcal! thats so cool that Aldrine has inspired your girls to play. spreading the love through music. that's what it's all about. hope to jam with you sometime at a bay area meet!

mcarreon89
07-22-2008, 08:57 PM
SAN DIEGO WAS CRAZY!!!!! cant wait to see pics.

Kanaka916
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
SAN DIEGO WAS CRAZY!!!!! cant wait to see pics.
Lotsa pics. Here's the thread from Mo's (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4431) and this is the one for the SD Workshop (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4408).

JoeyJr858
07-23-2008, 12:39 PM
hella hecka! haha

that's ok... down here we're still cali surfer boy slang "DUUUUDE"..
hahaha

all good tho... united by uke, right?
HAHA

pakiboy949
07-24-2008, 01:49 AM
ahhh that was really sick... I saw the one in Huntington and met Aldrine, Rayan, and puremarkska (i was the one in the black shirt that told you i saw your youtube videos). I think I also SAW misguided musician, but I wasn't too sure if that was you so I didn't say anything... Who else went?

I was in a black shirt with buzzed hair, tall middle-eastern guy, standing behind the counter.