UU dudes are coming to California! SF and SD

rayan

Ukulele Underground Staff
UU+
Reaction score
Big news everyone, the Ukulele Underground dudes, Aldrine, Rayan, and Aaron are coming to California!

July 17-24

Schedule

July 18
- Mike DaSilva's 8:00pm - Berkley ($15 cover)
July 20 - Hukilau San Francisco - 6:00 - No Cover All ages! - San Francisco
July 21 - Pacific Arts Dance Studio - Ukulele Seminar + Uke Got Mail Taping - 6:00pm ($15 admission) -San Diego
July 22 - Mo' Island Grinds 6:30pm - San Diego
July 23 - Island Bazaar 7:00pm - Huntington Beach

We're planning to fly into San Francisco do a couple shows there and then fly down to San Diego. People in those areas we need your help!

1. We're trying to get some places to either play a show to promote Aldrine's CD or Teach some ukulele seminars at. If you know any promoters, or music stores which can help us out by providing a venue, please email us (ukuleleundeground(at)gmail.com)

2. We need everyone in those areas to spread the word that we are coming. If the turn out in those 2 cities is good, we'll definitely want to come back. Also if you live in the area PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come out to our shows in when we're there. It will determine if we ever come back to the mainland.

3. We may possibly need help finding a place to stay a couple nights. If you have a any recommendations on hotels or areas for us to stay, please email us (ukuleleunderground(at)gmail.com)

We're very excited to meet all of you.

Last edited:
Great news

Really looking forward to meeting you guys. I'm in for any shows, classes, or just grabbing some drinks. And of course I'll help spread the word.

awesome news Rayan! can't wait to see/meet you guys in person.:nana:

as for venues, maybe you guys can do something at Mike Dasilva's shop. he has a stage and a bunch of folding chairs for his bi-monthly uke club.

i'll email you some hotel ideas.

YEAHHH!

damnit.

now i have to move about 500 miles just to see the ground that you guys have walked on.

:worship:

Walnut Creek is a great place to stay, since its the cheapest in the area for a few nights. plus bart is there (like the local bus transit on the island)

plus my dad will help you guys out if you stay in Walnut Creek. haha

Wow this is BIG NEWS!!!!!

....although I need to get my parents to give me a 2 hour drive to san diego

hey, i'm gonna see if polynesian underground wants to do somethin with you guys. they've been instrumental in helping us get to where we are, and they're always down to help someone if they're coming out from the islands. i'm sure they'd be able to find you guys some places to play, and maybe help with a place to stay. i'll be in touch.

Instead of flying from SF to SD how about driving and stopping in Huntington Beach for a concert at Island Bazaar? www.ukuleleparadise.com I know the owner and about 100+ uke players in the area, and a lot of your fans from L.A. would come.

Instead of flying from SF to SD how about driving and stopping in Huntington Beach for a concert at Island Bazaar? www.ukuleleparadise.com I know the owner and about 100+ uke players in the area, and a lot of your fans from L.A. would come.

If you can help us out with that, putting us in contact with the people we need to contact, we'd definitely come to Orange County. My brother lives in Irvine and it would be great to see him.

hey, i'm gonna see if polynesian underground wants to do somethin with you guys. they've been instrumental in helping us get to where we are, and they're always down to help someone if they're coming out from the islands. i'm sure they'd be able to find you guys some places to play, and maybe help with a place to stay. i'll be in touch.

Thank you Dom! You are the man!

awesome news Rayan! can't wait to see/meet you guys in person.:nana:

as for venues, maybe you guys can do something at Mike Dasilva's shop. he has a stage and a bunch of folding chairs for his bi-monthly uke club.

i'll email you some hotel ideas.

YEAHHH!

Thanks for the suggestions Russ! One of those hotels looked really cool but it says they're booked solid for when we were planning to be there.

Thanks for the suggestions Russ! One of those hotels looked really cool but it says they're booked solid for when we were planning to be there.

oh bummer, you're probably referring to hotel tomo. they have the anime themed rooms. the place is trippy!

I was going to suggest Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach also. I used to go there early last year for regular strumming sessions. Shirley has a nice setup with a small stage and lots of folding chairs. If you did an event there I'm sure you guys would get a really good turnout.

I was going to suggest Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach also. I used to go there early last year for regular strumming sessions. Shirley has a nice setup with a small stage and lots of folding chairs. If you did an event there I'm sure you guys would get a really good turnout.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll try and send Shirley an E-mail tomorrow. Sounds like a great place.

Where to stay near SF

Rayan, I'm not sure how much you folks want to spend, but when we have relatives visiting the Bay Area (esp. with big families) they stay at the Embassy Suites. There's one in South San Francisco and another one in Burlingame. The Burlingame one is further from the City, but is located right on the Bay and is quite nice to walk around. Since they provide free breakfast and some snacks at happy hour, I think it's a pretty good deal for what you get. I bet you might be able to get a deal on the rooms if you put on a show in their atrium (or at least a free meal at their restaurant ;) ).

wow i hella cant wait for this!! haha i'll definitely try to make it out to the sf thing

WOWW......
this sucks.. i'm not even going to be in the states :[ i'm going to europe..
so THAT means that you guys all have to come back again!!! haha

i wish i was here when they come down to san diego

Top Bottom