Trouble with C#7

Eallend7

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, but theres no way i can look through all those posts for one i need :p im having trouble with the C sharp minor 7 in the song gives you hell, i bar the second fret with my index and try to cover the top 3 with my ring finger but theres just hardly any give in my ring finger at all so it hardly covers the e and almost hits the a if i try to put enough pressure on the E string, any advice?

its a C#m7 im pretty sure, and what do you mean by 4444? sorry :x im new to string instruments all together, as well as music notation :p

The numbers correspond to frets. The correct order to write them out is GCEA. So 4444 means that you fret the G string on the 4th fret, the C on the 4th, the E on the 4th, and the A on the 4th.

Your title says C#7, not C#m7, by the way.

and yeah wow, didn't even mean to cay C....i have no clue what im talking about, working too much and staying up late is messing with me :p totally meant im having trouble with E hahaha, wow

With the E dear you can use your pointer finger on the bottom string rather than barring the whole fret. Then use your middle finger for the top string, ring for the second, and pinkie for the third. It will be 4441 according to GCEA.
Alternately, you can do 1402--top string (G) first fret, second string (C) 4th fret, third string (E) open, 4th string (A) 2nd fret. Getting it?
http://www.luckypennymusic.com/images/ukulelechordschart1.jpg

the dreaded E chord!!! my only suggestion is practice. it sucks not being able to do it at first, but if you keep working on it, eventually you will figure it out and your fingers will be trained to use it after that. pushing down the top three strings with only one finger is tricky, but doable if you work at it. like was said above, don't worry about barring the second fret, just push down the 4th (A) string with your index finger.

Top Bottom