Mach 4 Kalei Gamiao Cover

Kalalaika

Reaction score
Hey UU, I just recorded my version of kaleis original composition. :eek:
hope you enjoy!

Edit: just removed video, wasn't so comfortable with it. Will be back in a few weeks :)

Last edited:
Just watched your video a couple times. First I'd like to say this is quite an accomplishment to sort this out on your own. When Kalei first posted the video I worked on it for about a week and got nowhere and gave up. A few months later I decided to tackle it again (Brittni Paiva assisted me with the intro lick) and it came together in a matter of a day or two. I'm assuming you would like some constructive feedback. This is a very tough song to perform. I recorded this as a priviate video and sent it to Kalei and a select few a few months back to get some feedback. I am planning to do another take when time permits and upload it for public consumption.

Your video notes say you had to change a number of things that were too difficult. Of course Kalei's right hand strumming is craziness so let's just remove that from the equation all together. With that out of the way I don't think you really changed that much. You have most of the chords correct and if you contact me via email I will be glad to sort some of that out with you.

The main issue I had from a listener standpoint is tempo. The tempo changes quite a bit between sections. After the intro then it starts to drag and tug at the listener. And then it speeds up after that. Maybe try to slow the entire song down a little until you are comfortable keeping the flow. This may be a good case for using a metronome.

Great job overall and I'd be glad to go over some thing via Skype if you'd like.

Last edited:
Hey UU, I just recorded my version of kaleis original composition. :eek:
hope you enjoy!

Edit: just removed video, wasn't so comfortable with it. Will be back in a few weeks :)

Kalalaika,
My comments were not intended to result in you removing your video. I was just trying to provide some help in the way of constructive feedback.

no need to worry, your feedback had nothing to do with that :)

Top Bottom