Koaloha Pikake soprano

dentuke

Reaction score
Great playing uke very bright and punchy..... Comes with aquilas, hardcase 2008 vintage...... I got this at MGM some time back but it needs a new home.... Only flaw I see in it is a couple of water marks on the back.....

365.00 shipped (paypal) continental U.S.

Attachments

• HPIM0671..jpg
    HPIM0671..jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 131
  • HPIM0672..JPG
    HPIM0672..JPG
    96 KB · Views: 120
  • HPIM0669..jpg
    HPIM0669..jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Excuse me if this is dumb, but what does "pikake" mean?
Thanks!

Its a more traditional looking uke with the fretboard lacking the Koaloha crown (their std soprano) and a matte finish.....

MAN - I wish this was showing up a month from now! I'm really interested today, but $$ won't be here for another month. :(

And... that is really a good price!

Anyone know what is the difference between the Pikake KM-10 & KSM-10 they mention here:

http://www.koaloha.com/KoAloha_Products/SopranoPikake.html

Is it the "100% Koa" which would include the neck that is mentioned as "Sapelle" neck otherwise?
I think that the 100% koa uke is actually 100% koa as in no other woods are used. I could be wrong but if my memory serves me correctly, this is what I was told.

Excuse me if this is dumb, but what does "pikake" mean?
Thanks!

If memory serves me (as I get older it often doesn't!) pikake is the Hawaiian name for the jasmine flower, and the bird peacock, both were favorites of Princess Victoria, Queen Liliokalani's niece.

Hi Dentuke,

Great looking ukulele.
I like those Koalohas, unique soundhole.

Best of luck with the sale

Cheers.

Nicely done, Gmoney! Congratulations and enjoy.

Top Bottom