Kinda cool, but WTF?

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Anybody need a 90% silver Uke pick? lol.. I collect any and all pre 1964 USA Silver coins. They are all 90% silver (in lue of the junk metal in them since). They are an investment no matter the condition, just for the silver content. I pay $3.30 for any and all quarters because that is the current low value of their silver content. Poking around looking to purchase junk silver coins I ran across this and laughed. 1st question I would have is "What did you do with the rest of the silver?". 2nd question is, "Do I REALLY want to destroy my strings and or Uke strumming with this thing?" hahha.. Just thought you folk might get a kick out of it too..
http://cgi.ebay.com/SILVER-COIN-GUITAR-PICK-Quarter-Dollar-RARE-CUSTOM_W0QQitemZ330405015330QQcategoryZ39462QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7078935884956146491

I actually think it's a really cool idea. Very neat gift for guitarists... I'm sure you noticed it's advertised as a guitar pick. If I met anyone using this on a ukulele, I wouldn't think too highly of that. The sound it'd make on nylon strings probably isn't the best.

But, I have heard people play electric and steel string acoustic guitar with quarters, nickles, and dimes. Not too shabby.

Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top used to play with a Mexican peso, or so the story goes.

yeah, its a novel idea. If ya look at the picture lower in the post, he has some pretty cool pieces for guitar player gifts.. It wouldn't be so bad on steel strings, but still wouldn't use it as a pick. I like a little flex in a pick. I used to play guitar, and tried a coin once, because I didn't have anymore pick with me, and gave up on that pretty quick, lol.. But, a cool idea, but as a collector/investor in silver my first question would be where is all that 90% silver going? lol..

you could help him floss, or even "pick" his nose with your strings.

My question: if it's so 'rare'...how do you have more than 10 of them?

He makes them. Rare, dunno, I never really even see that word on Ebay it is used so often even on the most common items. He may use "rare" coins, and in some cases, the 90% silver US coins are getting rarer due to the price of silver. I buy investment silver and any pre 1965 US silver coin I can get my hands on. Call me paranoid, but I don't put allot of faith in the US Dollar value, let alone the banking system. I am far from a conspiacy, or alarmist nut, but, there is going to come a day when the US dollar aint worth the paper it's printed on, even the coins, because they stopped using precious metals years ago to mint them. What IS going to be of value is precious metals, and gemstone (I collect both). When the day comes we have to use metal and rocks for commerce, my kids will be set up. It's really for their future, not mine. If you keep up with silver, back before Y2K during that "scare" billions of dollars of those old pre 1965 US silver coins were melted down to make pure silver bullion. Now that the Y2K thing was just paranoia, we can't get those coins back because they were melted. Not nearly as many left, and getting rarer. Anyway.. Are they rare? Not SO rare, but they are getting that way. China is/has lifted the ban on Chineese public to own silver, and now their public is buying up any and all they can get their hands on. Just sayin.. ;)

Top Bottom