Saw Jake in concert last night.

hartroc

Reaction score
Stunning, magnificent, incredible...as usual. I swear, that ukulele just comes to life in his hands. He played all my favorites, so that was cool.

It's wierd though, because every time I see him play live it makes me want to just give up ukulele. It's almost embarrassing. And yet, at the same time, it makes me want to just do better and just keep on trying.

Anyway, Jake will always be a source of inspiration for all of us.

Can't wait for his new album in January (so he said last night).

~Hartroc :rock:

Keep trying harder - it's not impossible... ... is it?

Well...I don't know.

Then again, I don't want to neccessarily play JUST like Jake anyway. Where's the fun in that, when everything you do has already been done?

Who's this "Jake" again?

It's wierd though, because every time I see him play live it makes me want to just give up ukulele. It's almost embarrassing. And yet, at the same time, it makes me want to just do better and just keep on trying.

When I saw him in concert, I tried to remember that, as unimaginable as it seems, there was some point in his evolution from someone who had never touched an ukulele to someone who can play so beautifully that he must have played at my level. That time probably only lasted an hour, and he was probably very young, but still ....

Who's this "Jake" again?

Jake Shimabukuro, one of the undisputed masters of the ukulele.

I tell you this just in case you're not kidding.

~Hartroc :rock:

Mahalo but nah, jus kidding. I remember Jake from his hanabata "Pureheart" daze. Very Talented Hawai'i Kai boy. Jus trying fo rile up da worshippers. ;)

Last edited:
Ahh... I love Jake Shimabukuro. He sounds like a god on the ukulele.

Really? To me he's a god. I probably just play poorly. Heh.

Perhaps he is the offspring of God and Chuck Norris. That would defenitely explain everything.

He's not the greatest uke player to ever live, but Jake has offered inspiration to new ukes more than anyone else since George Fornby and Tiny Tim. Now if James Hill could get the same number of YouTube hits...

Top Bottom