Leaving On a Jet Plane

musicmonsterw

Reaction score
I altered the arrangement to this a bit. I threw in some maj7th chords for the verses and added a modulation at the end.

Also, I tried attaching a shotgun mic to my Canon GL1. It's pickup is quite good. It's does a nice job picking up vocals and uke. The toughest thing to deal with was probably the glaring sun coming through my window. I had to curtain off most of it and that is tricky to do given my overcrowded apartment (LOL). Anyways, hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNY-bViF4vI

I altered the arrangement to this a bit. I threw in some maj7th chords for the verses and added a modulation at the end.

I enjoyed that!
I learnt the song - on the guitar - toooooo long ago, and of course in the good old key of C.
Love the variety you added through the maj 7 chords and the sus 4 - I picked it instantly and it went really well - you've managed to put more interest into the song and put your own stamp on it.
Thanks for sharing ... you have inspired me more than you realise :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohh dammit - I don't think I've sorted this 'posting with quotes' thing at all. Ho Hum. So much for your thinking that soon i'd be an old pro at it !
Anyhow, tried playing along with you - love jamming with you on YT :)
But your key is not really my preferred key :(
Went back to Key of C, even that's not my key these days - I have a deeper voice, so now I'm doing it in A. Will trying adding some of your embellishments.
E7 Sus 4 here I come !

I enjoyed that!
I learnt the song - on the guitar - toooooo long ago, and of course in the good old key of C.
Love the variety you added through the maj 7 chords and the sus 4 - I picked it instantly and it went really well - you've managed to put more interest into the song and put your own stamp on it.
Thanks for sharing ... you have inspired me more than you realise :)

Ohh dammit - I don't think I've sorted this 'posting with quotes' thing at all. Ho Hum. So much for your thinking that soon i'd be an old pro at it !
Anyhow, tried playing along with you - love jamming with you on YT :)
But your key is not really my preferred key :(
Went back to Key of C, even that's not my key these days - I have a deeper voice, so now I'm doing it in A. Will trying adding some of your embellishments.
E7 Sus 4 here I come !

Hey, Jen! Glad you've found something fun with this song! Looking forward to when we'll jam in person! (UWC 2011) Go get that E7 sus4!

musicmonsterw said:
Hey, Jen! Glad you've found something fun with this song! Looking forward to when we'll jam in person! (UWC 2011) Go get that E7 sus4!

Yes ... I have very quietly put my hand up to sing two songs, flying solo, this Friday night. Our Blue Mountains Ukulele Group - the Blue MUGs - are being the live entertainment this Friday night at a rustic historic kind of inn at present being refurbished - the Blue Mountains Hotel - at Lawson, west of Sydney, surprisingly, up in the mountains ;)
So I thought why not continue this challenging journey up onto the stage. I was going to do Everly Brothers' 'Bye Bye Love' & Dusty Springfield's 'I only want to be with you', seeing as I have recently uploaded them to YT & they are still in my mind. Now however, you have reminded me of this song, & I've decided to give it a go. What's important with these baby steps into performance is that I am already as familiar & confident with the song as possible - both with the words & the chords. I know these lyrics inside out & back to front, & the chords are easy, in fact in A they flow so neatly on the uke. So that's my plan, & you are the first to know. I'm keeping my performance quiet from the majority of the uke group as at this point I shy away from pressure & expectations.
Thanks so much for posting your video & being such fabulous fuel for learning & inspiration :))) ............. And yes ... 2011 ... yippee !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes ... I have very quietly put my hand up to sing two songs, flying solo, this Friday night. Our Blue Mountains Ukulele Group - the Blue MUGs - are being the live entertainment this Friday night at a rustic historic kind of inn at present being refurbished - the Blue Mountains Hotel - at Lawson, west of Sydney, surprisingly, up in the mountains ;)
So I thought why not continue this challenging journey up onto the stage. I was going to do Everly Brothers' 'Bye Bye Love' & Dusty Springfield's 'I only want to be with you', seeing as I have recently uploaded them to YT & they are still in my mind. Now however, you have reminded me of this song, & I've decided to give it a go. What's important with these baby steps into performance is that I am already as familiar & confident with the song as possible - both with the words & the chords. I know these lyrics inside out & back to front, & the chords are easy, in fact in A they flow so neatly on the uke. So that's my plan, & you are the first to know. I'm keeping my performance quiet from the majority of the uke group as at this point I shy away from pressure & expectations.
Thanks so much for posting your video & being such fabulous fuel for learning & inspiration :))) ............. And yes ... 2011 ... yippee !

Wow!! Thanks for letting me in the know. I feel very conspiratorial. he he he.

Wow!! Thanks for letting me in the know. I feel very conspiratorial. he he he.

Yes, just so long as nobody in my Uke Group happens to read this!!!
PS Note my rapid improvement in Reply with Quote - no more double-ups lately.
Time for me to try a new UU Forum feature!!

Top Bottom