This might sound weird but I've got to ask

Keef

Reaction score
I'm a beginner and I haven't been able to pick up anyone elses songs so I started to teach my self some chords and a few of them sounded good next to the other ones next thing I know I've developed a progression then I made a mistake and plucked a string in the middle Hey I'll just add that here and move that there anyways long story short I made my own song don't ask me what chords I'm using cuz I'm not sure but I like it and it's so fast that it's amazing to listen to and it simulates that I have talent :)
Ok here's the question has this ever happened to you?
This morning I woke up groggy as usual and the very first thing I did was grab the uke and start playing my un named song and it was as if I was in third person listening to my self play super fast and without any flaws as if someone else was in control of my hands
Wow that was great! So I tryed about 5 times to do it again and I kept tripping on my fingers :)

I think maybe thinking is bad
my very first song in the morning was without thought I just played
I wonder if a couple rum and cokes would help?
Sounds like it's time to make some recordings sober vs. Not so sober and listen to them a day later to see the difference

I think maybe thinking is bad
my very first song in the morning was without thought I just played
I wonder if a couple rum and cokes would help?
Sounds like it's time to make some recordings sober vs. Not so sober and listen to them a day later to see the difference

In my experience playing in bands, people THINK they sound better when they have been drinking, but they rarely DO sound better. Just from what I've witnessed.

I know what you mean about first thing in the morning. Sometimes I swear I must've been dreaming about the music, as not only will I nail pieces, but often I'll add to them on the fly, all while groggy as all get-out.

Aloha Keef,
I know what you mean, those are your creative moments....endorfins clicking in....you had a good rest and your mind is fresh..
You'll be suprised it could happen again, and eventually you'll pick it up....
The learning process..it makes it so intresting....and fun... MM Stan..

Keep going, you're learning to hear music which is vital in this creative art. Nice one

...it was as if I was in third person listening to my self play super fast and without any flaws as if someone else was in control of my hands

I had that happen a few times when I was playing in a band. The weird part is that I was improvising, not playing a planned-out solo. It was great.

In my experience playing in bands, people THINK they sound better when they have been drinking, but they rarely DO sound better. Just from what I've witnessed.

In my experience as well.

Top Bottom