Some ukulele-related TV programs coming up

Ukedani

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the right folder for this but I wanted to alert folks to some uke-themed programs. (I'm one of those types who puts "ukulele" as a search term for my DirecTV DVR to see if anything interesting comes up).

Here are the programs:

1. For California folks: On KCET channel 28 in Los Angeles - "Visiting with Huell Howser" on Monday, 7/19 at 7:30 PST, a 2006 program he did called "Ukulele Man." Program re-airs on Tuesday, 7/20 at 12:30 am, PST. Check local listings for other PBS channels in CA and times.

2. "Scrubs", on Thursday, 7/22, 4pm PST, on the The Comedy Central (channel 249 on DirecTV); story involves someone (Ted) falling in love with a ukulele player.

3. "Patrick Wolf: LIve at Shepherd's Bush" - English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist (and uke player) performs; Sunday, 7/25, 10:30am PST, on DirecTV channel 306 (HDNet).

The actress Ted falls in love with would be Kate Micucci, of Garfunkel and Oates.

Here she is with William H Macy, playing a Fluke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJHMad1ZsM

(The song might not be work/kid/etc safe, it mentions prophylactics and sex. Gasp!)

Thanks for the heads up. Apparently, the Huell episode is a feature on Bill Tapia, the then 97 year old musician (who is is still going strong!)

I have my Moxie box set for Huell. Thanks! I will try and catch Scrubs too.
–Lori

The actress Ted falls in love with would be Kate Micucci, of Garfunkel and Oates.

Here she is with William H Macy, playing a Fluke!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zJHMad1ZsM

(The song might not be work/kid/etc safe, it mentions prophylactics and sex. Gasp!)

Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that William H. Macy plays ukulele? You just litterally blew my mind.

Wait a minute... You mean to tell me that William H. Macy plays ukulele? You just litterally blew my mind.

Yup. It makes him extra-cool!

I watched "Bart Got a Room" last night and even though I enjoyed the movie I was disappointed there wasn't a moment where Bill wasn't rocking out with is fluke out.

~DB

On that note, last week's episode of Huge featured a ukulele played by the so-cheery-you-want-to-stab-your-eyes-out camp counselor, Polly. I knew she was going to play a uke some day.

(Huge is a TV show that takes place at a fat camp for teenagers. It is awesome. It features hilarity, such as when the main character who puts up 'fatspiration' of old school art to counteract her bunkmates 'thinspiration' of anorexic models; it features tragedy, such as when a male character looks in the mirror and says "Sometimes I look in the mirror and I can't comprehend that this is how I look"; it features awesomeness, such as when the shy quiet bookworm LARPing girl, ends up, through a variety of circumstances, to do a spontaneous dance to 'baby got back' in front of the whole camp. Highly recommended).

Top Bottom