PDA

View Full Version : The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 04:01 AM
Well, I got roped into seeing this Saturday while on a blind date. This is, hands down, the most boring movie I've ever seen! I can't believe they dragged this out for two hours.

(Attention: SPOILERS)

Let me sum it up for you in a nutshell...

They are making out in a field. They are making out in her room. They are making out in her truck. They are making out in on the street. She makes out with the other dude. She makes out again with the vampire dude. About 15 minutes worth of action/fight scenes, then back to the making out. And finally...It ends with them making out in a field again.

The only person that didn't get to make out was...ME! :mad:

This movie sucked blue whale! <--- Wayne's World reference

ogikloavailable
07-19-2010, 05:20 AM
Hahaha same with me,bro. I cant see the "greatness" of these trilogy sequels anyways. :p

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 05:39 AM
Hahaha same with me,bro. I cant see the "greatness" of these trilogy sequels anyways. :p

LOL, I started a thread over at the IMDB site. All the teens/tweens are going ape shit over my post. haha.

UKISOCIETY
07-19-2010, 06:24 AM
LOL, I started a thread over at the IMDB site. All the teens/tweens are going ape shit over my post. haha.

Link?
I wanna see that!

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 06:26 AM
Link?
I wanna see that!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325004/board/thread/167129737

I gave up responding to the thread. There were too many whining people for me to take, lol. Plus the IMDB forums are really bad and an outdated system. You can't even quote people.

Edit: Wow...129 posts with 1.5 hours. The uber-fans are out in force.

Ahnko Honu
07-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Vampires SUCK.

nscafe
07-19-2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1325004/board/thread/167129737

I gave up responding to the thread. There were too many whining people for me to take, lol. Plus the IMDB forums are really bad and an outdated system. You can't even quote people.

Edit: Wow...129 posts with 1.5 hours. The uber-fans are out in force.

That's some quality trolling you're doing on the IMDB boards there.

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 07:39 AM
That's some quality trolling you're doing on the IMDB boards there.

Why thank you. :p

I'm getting more entertainment at IMDB then I ever did at the movie. Do you think I can talk the uber-fans into refunding my money?

UKISOCIETY
07-19-2010, 10:17 AM
Man that IMDB forum stinks! Can't you see all the posts together? I can't navigate it very well.

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 10:35 AM
Man that IMDB forum stinks! Can't you see all the posts together? I can't navigate it very well.

Yes, but you have to create an account, and then log in to get that option. You can't even quote people, so its hard to tell they are talking back to me or not.

The IMDB forums are really bad, and an outed system.

RyanMFT
07-19-2010, 10:55 AM
So I'm not clear AcousticMonster.....are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? :)

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 11:31 AM
So I'm not clear AcousticMonster.....are you Team Edward or Team Jacob? :)

I would have to go with Jacob I guess. He was less annoying of the two. Plus I like werewolves over vampires in general.

In real life, she would have married Edward for the money, and cheated with Jacob (the bad boy). :p

Melissa82
07-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I find it kind of funny this is a bunch of guys over 16 talking about this movie, lol. We know it wasn't made for you.

On the other hand, I'm 28 and I watched the 2nd one in the sequel (New Moon) cuz I was bored... until the smokin' hot werewolf guy came on screen. After that, I forgot what the movie was even about.

RyanMFT
07-19-2010, 01:13 PM
On the other hand, I'm 28 and I watched the 2nd one in the sequel (New Moon) cuz I was bored... until the smokin' hot werewolf guy came on screen. After that, I forgot what the movie was even about.

My wife, who read the books, asked me to go to the latest movie on opening night...at 12pm! It was us and a couple hundred 13 - 16 year olds....I'll tell you Melissa, a gasp and cheer went out when Jacob first came on screen....of course his shirt was off.

Arashi
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
I hate how they say that it is reaching for more male fans now because of action. The war was like the cullens as a jaguar and the newborns like a kitten! They were WAY too easy! The movie was mostly about Edward and Jacob acting bad-*** and making out with Bella..

Melissa82
07-19-2010, 01:25 PM
I hate how they say that it is reaching for more male fans now because of action. The war was like the cullens as a jaguar and the newborns like a kitten! They were WAY too easy! The movie was mostly about Edward and Jacob acting bad-*** and making out with Bella..Don't forget it's also about Jacob's amazing body!

Should I feel terrible that he is 18? lol

whetu
07-19-2010, 02:23 PM
Don't forget it's also about Jacob's amazing body!

:D

Also, a workmate showed me this today. Go to http://iwl.me/, type in:

herp derp herp derp herp derp edward cullen herp derp herp derp herp derp

then click on Analyze. You can increase the number of "herp derp's" :D

p.s. Unlike most guys who were automatically dismissive, I tried to give Twilight a chance. I read a few chapters of the book but felt myself getting increasingly stupider. I also watched the movie and at the end was like "wtf? Paedophile vampires who can go out in the sun, and when they do they sparkle?" Then I read this (http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight), and I whole-heartedly agree with it.

Melissa82
07-19-2010, 02:37 PM

:D

Also, a workmate showed me this today. Go to http://iwl.me/, type in:

herp derp herp derp herp derp edward cullen herp derp herp derp herp derp

then click on Analyze. You can increase the number of "herp derp's" :D

p.s. Unlike most guys who were automatically dismissive, I tried to give Twilight a chance. I read a few chapters of the book but felt myself getting increasingly stupider. I also watched the movie and at the end was like "wtf? Paedophile vampires who can go out in the sun, and when they do they sparkle?" Then I read this (http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight), and I whole-heartedly agree with it.Hahahahaha!

AcousticMonster
07-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Don't forget it's also about Jacob's amazing body!

Don't be...I would tap Bella @$$ even though she has zero personality. :p
And the Native American chick was smokin' hot!

whetu
07-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Finally, this. Just this (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7700000/Funny-summary-of-the-Twilight-series-critical-analysis-of-twilight-7763488-706-957.jpg).

Melissa82
07-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Finally, this. Just this (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7700000/Funny-summary-of-the-Twilight-series-critical-analysis-of-twilight-7763488-706-957.jpg).Thanks, now I don't need to watch the 3rd movie, lol.

wickedwahine11
07-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Finally, this. Just this (http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7700000/Funny-summary-of-the-Twilight-series-critical-analysis-of-twilight-7763488-706-957.jpg).

Ha, I love it! I admit, I read all four books. I started out because I was sorry Harry Potter was finished. Then, although I didn't care for them, I dragged my way through each, especially hating the fourth one. I saw both movies through Netflix, and probably will see this one that way too. Edward or Jacob? Umm, neither.

princesspoppi
07-19-2010, 05:39 PM
I promised myself I would not get caught up with the whole Twilight frenzy and held out watching for as long as I could, but the other day I was bored so watched Twilight. I liked it as I like love stories but couldn't really understand all the hype. I would be on Team Edward...but I thought that the Cullen 'dad' was really hot! I love that whole pale, skinny, brooding looks thing:D

austin1
07-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Well, I got roped into seeing this Saturday while on a blind date. This is, hands down, the most boring movie I've ever seen! I can't believe they dragged this out for two hours.

(Attention: SPOILERS)

Let me sum it up for you in a nutshell...

They are making out in a field. They are making out in her room. They are making out in her truck. They are making out in on the street. She makes out with the other dude. She makes out again with the vampire dude. About 15 minutes worth of action/fight scenes, then back to the making out. And finally...It ends with them making out in a field again.

The only person that didn't get to make out was...ME! :mad:

This movie sucked blue whale! <--- Wayne's World reference

boring! I laughed so hard during this movie, I couldn't breathe. Then I realized it wasn't supposed to be a comedy. I will probably not be getting Christmas cards from the people who were sitting around me.

AcousticMonster
07-20-2010, 09:34 AM
boring! I laughed so hard during this movie, I couldn't breathe. Then I realized it wasn't supposed to be a comedy. I will probably not be getting Christmas cards from the people who were sitting around me.

The only thing I thought was funny about this movie was all the guys running around in shorts and no shirts. Also the part were they are up in the snow-bound mountain and the guy still had no shirt on.

Melissa82
07-20-2010, 09:38 AM
The only thing I thought was funny about this movie was all the guys running around in shorts and no shirts. Also the part were they are up in the snow-bound mountain and the guy still had no shirt on.It's because they are werewolves. They are just going to morph and wreck their clothes anyways, so who needs them? Besides, they're hot. I don't want them wearing clothes either. ;)

AcousticMonster
07-20-2010, 09:50 AM
It's because they are werewolves. They are just going to morph and wreck their clothes anyways, so who needs them? Besides, they're hot. I don't want them wearing clothes either. ;)

That's fine. But to be fair then Leah Clearwater should be the same way. :drool:

I support equal rights for women. :cool:

Melissa82
07-20-2010, 12:01 PM
That's fine. But to be fair then Leah Clearwater should be the same way. :drool:

I support equal rights for women. :cool:Sure, why not. ;)

haole
07-20-2010, 01:42 PM
The first one really messed with me because Sparkles the vampire had more personality than anyone else in the movie. And he isn't supposed to have a personality. The acting was dull and the story was predictable and stupid but at least the scenery was pretty. The baseball scene made me WTF.

The second one alternated between being painfully boring and uproariously funny, mostly because of the dialogue and the CGI werewolves. I tried my best to follow the plot and it just didn't make any freakin' sense. Werewolf-kid seems determined to unseat Lip-Biting Human Girl as the most uninteresting character in the series.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing the third one.

Arashi
07-21-2010, 10:13 AM
The only thing I hate is that they have to be so dramatic. In the third one when Bella confronts the blondie vampire and asks her why she doesn't like her, she says "Because Bella. I ENVY you." And she tells Bella her dramatic story, feeling sorry for herself. If Bella asked me why I didn't like her it would be because she is a bad actor and cuz she is such a h00k3r for needing a guy so much. In the second one I thought she was really stupid how she needed Jacob when Edward left. Then Edward came back and she's all over him. Who helped Bella when she hit her head? JACOB. Who helped her (half of the time) when Edward left? JACOB. Who helped kill the braided vampire? JACOB. All Edward does is kill Victoria and somehow gets all the credit just for shining in the sunlight and acting all depressed half of the time. If someone wanted something that shined in sunlight, they could've bought a flashlight.

bryanperk
07-21-2010, 10:18 AM
What they need to do to make the movies better is give everyone a ukulele, and instead of making out all the time, maybe they'd all just chill out and have a mini uke jam :)

Pueo
07-21-2010, 01:02 PM
OK so I read the books too because my wife read them and I too was suffering from Harry Potter withdrawl. JK Rowling is a *MUCH* better author than Stephanie Meyer. That said, I saw the other two movies so we went to this one because all the crazy stuff happens in the 3rd book. We were so disappointed when NONE of that stuff happens in the movie (I am referring to everything that happens after the wedding). I guess they are saving that for the next movie.

Funniest line? When Edward sees Jacob and asks, "Does he even own a shirt?"

OK enough about Twilight from a hetero man over 40 :)

ukestah
07-21-2010, 07:58 PM
My wife and I encountered an odd situation a few weeks ago... she was watching Overhaulin' in the living room while I was in our master bedroom watching the Twilight cast being interviewed by Oprah. What's wrong with that picture? LOL It was a really entertaining interview to be honest and I got stuck watching. I have yet to see Eclipse, but the wife and I are planning a date night to get away from the kid. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but we're going to watch it anyway.

AcousticMonster
07-22-2010, 03:48 AM
My wife and I encountered an odd situation a few weeks ago... she was watching Overhaulin' in the living room while I was in our master bedroom watching the Twilight cast being interviewed by Oprah. What's wrong with that picture? LOL It was a really entertaining interview to be honest and I got stuck watching. I have yet to see Eclipse, but the wife and I are planning a date night to get away from the kid. I've heard mixed reviews about it, but we're going to watch it anyway.

You might want to bring some backup entertainment with you. Maybe a Mattel Football game, Rubic's Cube, Uno, or something else.
:deadhorse:

ukestah
07-22-2010, 12:07 PM
Is it really that bad AcousticMonster? We got a book of free movie coupons from a friend for Christmas, but maybe it isn't even worth using these free movie tickets on that one. LOL

AcousticMonster
07-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Is it really that bad AcousticMonster? We got a book of free movie coupons from a friend for Christmas, but maybe it isn't even worth using these free movie tickets on that one. LOL

I didn't mind the first movie because it cut out all lame romance from the book. The second movie was tolerable. Eclipse was just plan aweful, in my opinion.

I'm not trying to troll the fans of the series, but I stand by my guns on this one. It was one of the most boring, uninspired, and predictable movies I've ever seen. If I wasn't trying to score points with my date I would have walked out.

So unless you are a mega Twilight fan, and know the storyline, I would wait till the DVD.

Again, the bulk of the movie is either Bella making out with Edward/Jacob in different locations, or Edward and Jacob arguing with each other like 12 year olds. Add in a little bit of lame action sequences that really didn't inspire me one bit. I was pissed when I walked out of the theater.

ukestah
07-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Ah... well then that does it. We're watching someone else. My wife isn't into the mushy stuff too much, she wants to see the action scenes. Are there any movies out there with your stamp of approval?

khrome
07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
Ah... well then that does it. We're watching someone else. My wife isn't into the mushy stuff too much, she wants to see the action scenes. Are there any movies out there with your stamp of approval?

I, personally, can't wait for The Expendables to come out! :D TEAM STATHAM

And, you guys need to go see Inception. Best movie of the year so far, IMO!

AcousticMonster
07-23-2010, 10:05 PM

Haven't seen too many new releases. Predators was pretty good...it didn't bring anything new to the franchise, but it was better then the AvP movies.

I, personally, can't wait for The Expendables to come out! :D TEAM STATHAM

And, you guys need to go see Inception. Best movie of the year so far, IMO!

Inception looks a lot like a remake to the old Dreamscape movie with Dennis Quaid.

khrome
07-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Haven't seen too many new releases. Predators was pretty good...it didn't bring anything new to the franchise, but it was better then the AvP movies.

Inception looks a lot like a remake to the old Dreamscape movie with Dennis Quaid.

The only similarity is that someone can infiltrate someone's dream. Freddy Kreugar can do that too, but that doesn't make Inception a remake of Nightmare on Elm St. :-)

AcousticMonster
07-27-2010, 05:17 PM
The only similarity is that someone can infiltrate someone's dream. Freddy Kreugar can do that too, but that doesn't make Inception a remake of Nightmare on Elm St. :-)

Yeah, but Freddy wasn't working for the Federal Gov'ment. :rolleyes:

NatalieS
07-27-2010, 06:25 PM
I admit, I've been dragged to all three movies. My best friend is addicted to them, and gets mad at me when I laugh my way through them. They offer some really good comedy!! I love how seriously everyone takes themselves in all the films. Nobody cracks a smile, everyone's brooding and miserable. If I had such a horrible unhumorous relationship with a guy, it'd be game over... but they can't get enough of each other.

The topper was that I went to the latest one with one of my friends because her boyfriend refused to go. As it started she said in a very condescending tone, "Natalie, please try to keep the laughing to a minimum", then 5 minutes in she started cracking up! We laughed the entire way through, and that's saying something because she's a fan.

P.S. The only vampire movie I like is Bela Lugosi's "Dracula". Vampires seriously scare the bejeesus out of me. I think it's a deep-rooted fear from when I was a kid and was terrified of having blood drawn. I'm a vet, so I don't mind needles or working on animals, but the thought of having something pierce my own blood vessel makes me want to faint right now.

ukestah
07-29-2010, 09:53 AM
Well... we ended up watching Eclipse anyway sadly enough. The only part that caught our attention was the fight scene near the end. Other than that, there was too much making out. Granted it is supposed to be a love story, it still bothered me.