1600 Miles, 5 Days, New Uke, New Friends

Mandarb

Reaction score
My vacation plans were to drive from PA to Louisville, KY, meet some people and tour the Ford Louisville Assembly Plant where my Sport Trac was made. While there I was going to take in some local history - i.e. Louisville Slugger Plant and Churchill Downs.

I have read many great things about Mainland Ukes and the owners, Mike and Tookta. So I ordered a Gloss Mahogany Tenor with Silver/MOP tuners (sorry no pics). I looked up Nashville, IN and saw that it was only about 1 1/2 hrs from Louisville. I was already planning on driving 12 hours - what's another 1 1/2 hrs. Mike and Tookta were great. My uke is beautiful and it sounds even better.

There was a jam planned for Sat, the 17th in Louisville. I have only been playing since the beginning of July but I was going to be in town - so, why not check it out. I had a great time and I learned a lot. Thanks to all who attended.

Title says it all - I travelled 1600 miles in five days, bought a beautiful new uke, and made some friends. A great vacation all around. Thanks to everyone I met and to UU for making it possible.

Regards,
Mandarb

Last edited:
Fantastic! I forgot you came all the way from PA. Guess I won't see you for a while. Maybe at UWC 2011? :) Is the Mainland your first uke?

way cool. a combined ukulele/auto trip. Love it.

Man,when you meet new ukulele people you don't mess around. You've met two of the best uke people! ANd you met Uki too? Wow! Congrats.

Fantastic! I forgot you came all the way from PA. Guess I won't see you for a while. Maybe at UWC 2011? :) Is the Mainland your first uke?

I hope to make it to UWC 2011 - it sounds like the past UWC events were a blast. I also have a Lanikai LU - 21T.

Top Bottom