My new uke tuner rocks!!!

fumanii

Reaction score
Hey all,
I am helping spread the word on this new clip-on tuner called the Snark www.snarktuners.com It is really cool! The thing I like about it the most is that you can actually see the display in the bright sunlight at the beach. I couldn't see my other tuner in the bright sunlight. It also comes with a built in flashing metronome. It comes in two versions; the blue for guitar and bass and a red chromatic tuner with an extended range for other instruments. They are also brightly colored so that you can see them on a messy desk. I will post a pic of it on my uke. It tunes really stable.
Mahalo!! Gonna go hit the beach, drink a Primo and play my uke!
Mike
www.windwardway.net

sounds like spam to me... mods?

sounds like spam to me... mods?
Sorry, I didn't mean to spam. I thought some of you players might like it. I had been having a hard time tuning my Sonny D with other tuners because of the old style friction tuning machines. This helps me lock in the tuning better than with my old clip on tuner; that needle would be bouncing all over the place. I also didn't want to mod my vintage uke with new tuning machines to solve the tuning issue.

It's cool dude. I just saw an obvious plug by a screenname with only 2 (at the time) posts attributed to it.

First, welcome to UU. Secondly, sorry if I blew the whistle too soon.

Wish I needed another tuner. That looks awesome.

looks good. Don't know if they're for sale in the UK, but next time my tuner gives up I'll be looking out for one.

Where can you buy these from? They're not listed on eBay, and I'm hesitant to buy out side of the UK thanks to customs being arses lately.

So which model would the discriminating uke player need?

Last edited:
Looks good to me. As said above, I WISH I needed another tuner :)

And welcome to UU my friend, I hope you hang around and contribute more

Hey all,
thanks for having me. I have been lurking for a while and practicing to the tutorials. I have been a guitar player all my life and a man who is like my uncle gave me a Sonny D uke that his actual uncle made. (if that makes sense). Anyway, I have been practicing for a while and learning from everyone's posts.
In regards to the Snark, they are back ordered but should be available worldwide soon. For the uke player I would recommend the red one. It does have a larger frequency range which might be better for the uke player. I also use the red one to tune my lap steel. The red one has a microphone so that you can tune without putting it on your headstock (won't fit on my lap steel). The blue one does work with my uke but for the discriminating player, the red one might be slightly more accurate.
I will definitely be posting more. It's funny, I have been trying to license out my music for films, commercials, etc; and the first song I ever wrote on ukulele is the song I have been licensing out the most. Go figure huh.
Now I am gassing for a Kamaka and one of those bass ukes!
Mike

sonny D..jpgsonny D headstoc&#107.jpg Here's my Sonny D with the blue Snark.

Last edited:
Top Bottom