Naming my Ukulele?

Arashi

Reaction score
Is it normal to name ukulele's? I want to name my ukulele and not be crazy at the same time... I have a Concert ukulele..

Body style: Concert ukulele
Top: Laminated spruce
Back and Sides: Laminated rosewood
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Bridge: Rosewood
Inlay pattern: Mother-of-pearl mini-dots
Rosette: Abalone
Binding: White with abalone purfling
Finish: Natural gloss
Tuners: traditional button

633195038644841974.jpg

What should I name it?

Naming is very normal to me, though very hard to decide on a certain one; I've found it too dificult to decide on it's gender!
Here's a tip, rhymes go down well.
Kayley the Ukulele
Hayley the Ukulele
Duke the Uke
Luke the Uke

Ahh nice names! I can't pick whether it is a female or male either! I am a boy and I like it being a male gender, but the ukulele just seems so delicate like a female...

It's not crazy, it's yours to enjoy.....I like the rhyming
Connie the Concert

Blondie .

Well she's blond and she's a she.....always thought that'd be a good name for a Spruce top. Unless she's not really a blond. (neither is Debra Harry, actually)

What does she sound like? Mellow? Bright? Maybe find the right Japanese or Hawaiian name that would describe its sound?

Okay.. Thanks :) I'll put that name on the list ;)

I think if you want to name a uke, the motivation to do so will come naturally.
I used to not name my ukes. My ukes were simply... "The Kala solid mahogany" or "The Ohana Vita"... etc...

But then I started getting into an anime/game series called Touhou Project, and my friends who are also into it commented that my ukes could be named after Touhou characters they resemble.
And I thought it was a fantastic idea and stuck with it.

yeah, personally i'm not into naming my instruments. i have named my cars (my mazda3 is named san-chan--i'm sure no one can figure out why :rolleyes:). i've had my bassoon for 13 years and it still doesn't have a name. i agree, tho, let the names come to you. find something around you that fits your uke and name it after that.

also, to the op--what is your name for? are you a fan of arashi? my wife absolutely loves them haha. my favorite car is a geo storm that i turboed (fun sleeper car) and i had a huge arashi on my back window (see pic about half-way down the page on my cardomain page). after i stuck it on there, everyone in my church congregation (mostly japanese) asked me if i was an arashi fan :rofl:. so, to make a long story short, my screen name i use because of my car.

My name in real life is Arashi, haha. Mostly because my parents didn't name me until I was 2 and they saw that I had a bad temper, so they named me Arashi.

cool name choice. you could name your uke "tempest" (arashi=tempest). i always thought that sounded cooler than storm and is closer in meaning, too.

She looks like a Tallulah (Lulu for short) , or a Leilani.

I have ten ukuleles. Eight of them are named "ukulele" and two are named "banjo ukulele "

Top Bottom