Thinline Tenor Question

Pilothawk

Reaction score
I love the Kala travel tenor but I do have a question for you more experienced folks. My other ukes are wide enough at the lower bout that when I rest them on my thigh they stay there. The thin travel tenor tends to want to twist around on me.

Is there some method used to keep it upright? Thanks in advance.

I love the Kala travel tenor but I do have a question for you more experienced folks. My other ukes are wide enough at the lower bout that when I rest them on my thigh they stay there. The thin travel tenor tends to want to twist around on me.

Is there some method used to keep it upright? Thanks in advance.

Kiwaya beaded uke strap. No hole need be drilled as it uses the sound hole for grabbing on. They look cool too.

You could try my Uke Leash. No sound hole hooks, no drilling, and very discrete. Made in the USA by me. I have patent pending status and sales have been increasing steadily. Check out the videos on my website, and there is an online store. http://ukeleash.com/
–Lori

You could try my Uke Leash. No sound hole hooks, no drilling, and very discrete. Made in the USA by me. I have patent pending status and sales have been increasing steadily. Check out the videos on my website, and there is an online store. http://ukeleash.com/
–Lori

What Lori said. I have one and it works really well.

Velcro ...

You could try my Uke Leash...

I'd love to but, sadly, there doesn't seem to be any way to buy them in the UK*...

*Or am I missing something?

I'd love to but, sadly, there doesn't seem to be any way to buy them in the UK*...

*Or am I missing something?
I have sold many Uke Leashes to the UK. No problem there. Just choose your country from the pull down menu when in the shipping info window. The UkeLeash.com site has successfully placed Uke Leash orders to UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, and Hungary in addition to USA. If your country is not on the list, and you would like a Uke Leash, contact me ukeleash@me.com. The eBay site is untested on the UK shipping, but I believe it is set up for that location. I will double check. If you have a choice, the UkeLeash.com store works out better for me because eBay charges so many extra fees.
–Lori

Kiwaya beaded uke strap. No hole need be drilled as it uses the sound hole for grabbing on. They look cool too.

Bought a couple (one for my daughter as well) from UkeRepublic & already like it - using it w/my Thinline Concert that I also got from UkeRepublic. When I'm seated, though, I just stand it up more vertically in my lap.

Last edited:
I have sold many Uke Leashes to the UK. No problem there. Just choose your country from the pull down menu when in the shipping info window...

Well, clearly I was missing something - colour me stupid! I've no idea how I managed to miss that when I had a look at your site. Have now placed an order, cheers!

I am going to order a leash, but for now I have found a solution that I was dumb not to have thought of before. I cut a small strip of non-skid shelf liner, place it on the thigh I use to support the uke and voila - no sliding around. Works pretty well.

Top Bottom