Apology for flying off the handle previously

ichadwick

Reaction score
I have to apologize to everyone here for flying off the handle about the content on Uke Can Play. And to its owner, BeatNik, too, for dumping on him over this. I shouldn't have dragged my comments into the public.

I'm kind of sensitive about having content lifted - I've had my entire tequila Website, and much of my other sites taken and copied onto someone else's sites in the past. I've had to go deep into the bowels of the legal system to restore my rights to that material. My whole tequila site, every page, was actually taken and translated into another language, then posted as someone's work. However, the CSS and photos were retained (as well as the comments on the HMTL identifying me as the author, which helped me prove my case!). So I tend to see red where my work is concerned. But that's a poor excuse for behaving badly.

The Mr. Jeykll in me simply over-reacted with an off-with-their-heads manner. I must have seemed quite the git. I feel thoroughly embarassed by my reaction, now.

Sorry, folks, for dragging everyone into this and making it an online scene. Thanks for the posts and emails of support, but I do believe BeatNik when he wrote he wasn't aware of the source. I crapped on him failry heavily and owe him an apology, too. (Usually it takes bad spelling or a missing apostrophe in a post to set me off like that. :D )

Please accept my apology and don't be angry with Uke Can Play. Like the rest of us, he's just trying to spread the love of ukes around. And I will continue to attempt to do the same in future. Somewhat chastened, but still strumming.

You have my admiration for your ability to take initiative and apologize so sincerely and eloquently. Keep up the good work, Ian.

A very gentlemanly and gallant response. My respects to you

I am sincerely sorry that this situation occurred and I wish to extend a hand of friendship to Ian. I can see from his website he is also a great lover of the ukulele and if we share that affection, there is no reason we should not be friends.

He has an amazing collection of songbooks, and I hope everyone gets a chance to see them by visiting his site. Now that I know of them, I will be on the lookout when researching for my site and help him out when I can.

To the members of UU, I can only say that I wish you all the best and I hope in the future you will engage in a conversation, rather than a lynching. I have learned many positive things here, and sadly now, some negative as well.

Needless to say, the files were removed from my site immediately when this whole situation occurred. Unfortunately, I found them easily on the web and there was no attribution to know where they originated. I don't know how Ian can remedy this.

I wrote some things in anger to Ian and I owe him an apology, too. It is not my usual style to converse in that manner, but as negative emails began filling my inbox, I lost my cool. So, Ian... I am sorry for that.

Let's all get back to making music again?
Cheers,
BeatNik

Well, this is nice. :)

Thanks so much you guys for making this a happy ending.

I'd hate to think that someone could accuse someone of copying material from someone else which would lead to bold accusations and lost tempers here in beautiful UU-land.

Well, not more than twice, right?

;)

Group hug!

Seriously, though, it's great that both parties can apologize and cooperate. I wish nothing but the best for both of you.

Tempers flare. It happens. How we respond to it and deal with it makes all the difference, and it appears we are all on the right track here. Good on ya!

Thanks to both of you guys to have the courage to admit things got a bit out of hand and apologize to each other. If we could just get the rest of the World to do that, there would be a lot less wars. Glad peace has been restored in our little corner of the World.

If we could just get the rest of the World to do that, and to all play the ukulele, there would be no more wars.

Fixed that for you :)

Also I tip my hat to both Ian and Beatnik. It takes a big man to suck up his pride and apologise, it took guts, the both of you.

Happy Endings are the Bestest!!! :)

My mind is SO in the gutter right now :D

I have to apologize to everyone here for flying off the handle about the content on Uke Can Play. And to its owner, BeatNik, too, for dumping on him over this. I shouldn't have dragged my comments into the public.

I'm kind of sensitive about having content lifted - I've had my entire tequila Website, and much of my other sites taken and copied onto someone else's sites in the past. I've had to go deep into the bowels of the legal system to restore my rights to that material. My whole tequila site, every page, was actually taken and translated into another language, then posted as someone's work. However, the CSS and photos were retained (as well as the comments on the HMTL identifying me as the author, which helped me prove my case!). So I tend to see red where my work is concerned. But that's a poor excuse for behaving badly.

The Mr. Jeykll in me simply over-reacted with an off-with-their-heads manner. I must have seemed quite the git. I feel thoroughly embarassed by my reaction, now.

Sorry, folks, for dragging everyone into this and making it an online scene. Thanks for the posts and emails of support, but I do believe BeatNik when he wrote he wasn't aware of the source. I crapped on him failry heavily and owe him an apology, too. (Usually it takes bad spelling or a missing apostrophe in a post to set me off like that. :D )

Please accept my apology and don't be angry with Uke Can Play. Like the rest of us, he's just trying to spread the love of ukes around. And I will continue to attempt to do the same in future. Somewhat chastened, but still strumming.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar! :)

Any man who is "set off" by a missing apostrophe is a friend of mine! :)

:shaka:

JJ

It is really nice to see you both being mature and olive branches have been extended.

As Homer Simpson once said, "It's all about communication. Too much communication". Of course, he was talking about marriage, and is an idiot, but I've always liked that quote for some reason. I'm proud of you both for apologizing publicly. I know from first hand experience that that is neither fun nor easy. But it is often the best course. Sometimes the other party doesn't accept, but that's on them. I'm glad it worked out in this case. Now let's all be friends again and play our ukuleles!

good on you both!

Im understand flying off the handle too well. I seem to have been forgiven , for my ill spoken words and attitude, a while back ,,, and am grateful for that .. Im glad you were too. I am the first to realizethat ,,, I can be a real butt sometime,, Im working on that.
Steve

Top Bottom