I have a great idea, but i don't know where to go from that. I need anyones help

hyliangod3

Reaction score
so
heres my idea
i find the right funding
and the right help
i get the right permission and location
and we get a bunch of 30 dollar ukuleles for younger teens (older too)
and get them together and teach them to play
of course its for underprivelged or mentally sick.
now i need help with where to go from this idea...how do i do this?
any feedback is well appreciated

That is being worked on as we speak!
Keep an eye on the boards...

In your immediate area, try working with your (or "a" if you don't have one) church. Many churches have at least a small number of underprivileged individuals that can benefit from a program. Further, starting small at a church will usually help grow the program.

If you don't already have a church, then "shop" (read: go to services of several) until you find one that makes you feel comfortable. Then, stop in some day at lunch and speak with the pastor and explain your idea. This is the kind of idea that most churches would love to be a part of.

~DB

i go to an assemblies of God church, but what if they don't want to help me buy ukes for the kids? i can't afford that at all, im paying for school :/

i go to an assemblies of God church, but what if they don't want to help me buy ukes for the kids? i can't afford that at all, im paying for school :/

Funding is always an issue. There are tons of fundraising ideas to propose. Ask your pastor to suggest some folks to talk to about fundraising. Create something to sell to local businesses (perhaps a calendar) that they can advertise in.

There are tons of ideas, you just need to find the one that best suits your group. http://www.fundraiserhelp.com/ is a place to look.

Thank you for the link :)
i really want to get this off the ground, i think in my home city (if you knew new castle, PA, you'd understand) the kids really need something to look foward to and I, myself, have been brought to a higher feeling of happiness because i picked up the ukulele and teaching other people is something i'd love to do :) thank you all for your advice and everyone...keep advising lol

Top Bottom