Created a new group for Japanese Speakers

arashi_nero

Reaction score
Hello UU, I just created a new group for all the Japanese speakers out there! Japanese Jammers

After a couple recent threads, I have decided to create this group for Japanese speakers to unite and to pool resources. This way, for example, if anyone who would like to do a Japanese song collaboration, you will immediately know who you can turn to.

Also, if anyone is learning Japanese, aspiring to learn Japanese, or is a native Japanese speaker learning English, they are free to join this group as well. I feel that if the English speakers help the Japanese speakers in their efforts to learn English and vice versa, this group could be a great resource for many people!

Count me in! As long as I don't have to be fluent, or even current. I studied a lot when I lived in Hawai'i, but that's been a few more years than I care to admit, but I'm looking forward to working at it again.

kenikas, good to have you in the group!!

shin-san, join our group so that we can have your great knowledge there. just click on the link in my original post and it will take you to the group here on UU.

Watashi ga sanka shimasu!

That's great!

By the way, for those who live in Japan, is anyone going to the Ukulele Picnic event ?
It's on Aug 1st!

http://www.ukulelepicnic.com/

I cannot go this time, but a friend goes every year. It‘s the greatest ukulele festival in Japan. Have fun!

That's great!

By the way, for those who live in Japan, is anyone going to the Ukulele Picnic event ?
It's on Aug 1st!

http://www.ukulelepicnic.com/

makes me wish we were going to japan this summer instead of next. maybe we'll be in japan next year during this. it would give me a good chance to get up to the kanto area (never really been haha). thanks for the link. i want one of those shirts!!!

Hi

I was born in Osaka, and lived in Takarazuka (famous for Girl's Revue) until 1981 and then came to US. My real firt name is Chifuru (thousand + old).

Last year, I took 24 students from my college to Japan on a study tour. See http://www.chiefnoda.com/japan/ We did crazy things..... And we're going back next year!

Anyway, my Japanese is passable.

Cheers
Chief

makes me wish we were going to japan this summer instead of next. maybe we'll be in japan next year during this. it would give me a good chance to get up to the kanto area (never really been haha). thanks for the link. i want one of those shirts!!!

arashi_nero, they have this event in Yokohama every year.
Last year Bill Tapia was there too. A lot of famous people play and it is a free event.
Actually it will the first time I go to the Ukulele Picnic. If I take photos, I will post them here.

chiefnoda said:
Hi

I was born in Osaka, and lived in Takarazuka (famous for Girl's Revue) until 1981 and then came to US. My real firt name is Chifuru (thousand + old).

Last year, I took 24 students from my college to Japan on a study tour. See http://www.chiefnoda.com/japan/ We did crazy things..... And we're going back next year!

Anyway, my Japanese is passable.

Cheers
Chief

chief, youkoso! i love osaka and takarazuka. most of the time i lived in japan, i was in osaka (yao/higashi osaka and minoh). we actually went to the the amusement park right next to the takarazuka play house the day after new years in 2001. it's a blast riding a log flume ride when it's freezing outside :cool:. even though my wife is from hiroshima, every time we go back, we make it a point to go to osaka because it's soooooooooo cool. kansai is a great area--in fact, i noticed most of your pictures were from kansai/chugoku area. great pictures btw; i just didn't see any pictures of anyone going through the pillar behind the daibutsu in nara :rolleyes:. i also lived in shiga near lake biwa, in northern hyogo, and on awaji island. chifuru is a good name. reminds me of a kotowaza 鶴は千年、亀は万年 which means crane's live 1,000 years, turtles live 10,000 years. this is why crane's and turtles are such lucky animals in japan.

redBee said:
arashi_nero, they have this event in Yokohama every year.
Last year Bill Tapia was there too. A lot of famous people play and it is a free event.
Actually it will the first time I go to the Ukulele Picnic. If I take photos, I will post them here.

yeah, i noticed from the website that this is the 11th year. that's awesome. hopefully i'll be living in japan or visiting japan next summer and can check this out for myself. you're definitely lucky to be going to a uke event so big. we have nothing like that here. the closest thing we have is when the brigham young university polynesian club has their annual luau and there are several uke groups that play.

please post your pics. you could also post them in the group page to show of how people in the land of the rising sun love the uke!!

anyway, thank you all again. this group is growing faster than i thought it would :D

koalohapaul! it's good to have a luthier in the group.

kono group ni sanka shite kurete, arigatou gozaimasu. dewa, yoroshiku onegai itashimasu!

Top Bottom