New tuner help

SamUke

Reaction score
Hi UU, I have a loprinzi ohta san uke from a few years ago and want to change the tuners. Right now it has Grover champion dulcimer/uke tuners but want to put the Grover 4B pegs on, they seem a little lighter and smaller. The problem is the hole is larger then the 4b bushing. My question is is there anything I can do or look for something else? Would pegheads work? The tuners are okay now but i like the 4b more from using them on my other ukes. Thanks

Sam

You will probably get a better answer to your question in the Luthier's Lounge I'll move this thread there.

How bad do you want it?
One approach would be to simply make the holes smaller. Buy or make some wood dowel to fit the existing holes. Glue them in and cut/sand flush with the head stock. Then find the center and re-drill the smaller holes into the glued in dowel. Finish to match the finish of the head stock. Install your new tuners and you should be all set. If your not comfortable in doing the work yourself, find a skilled woodworker or maybe even contact Loprinzi and see what they would charge.

http://www.ukulelecosmos.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15276&hilit=kala+travel

Check out this thread on ukulele cosmos. They were talking about the Kala Travel, but I think a couple of the solutions should work in the case of your loprinzi. I was prepared to try the molding strip suggestion when I replaced the tuners on my Kala, but the tuners I bought fit without me having to do any mods (thankfully).

Last edited:
Top Bottom