Heart Strings Kamaka documentary viewable online

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
For those of you who have not yet had a chance to view the PBS Hawaii special on the Kamaka company, I highly recommend it. It is a great chance to learn the history of the company, and includes interviews with Jake and Gordon Mark, as well as Fred Sr., Fred Jr., Sam Jr., Casey and Chris Kamaka -- and it is about a half hour long.

It doesn't air very often, so it can be hard to find. I'm happy I just found it online, so for those of you have not yet seen it (or Kamaka freaks like me who like to re-view it), you can view it online at http://video.pbs.org/video/1480799425/

Off to go play my beloved (newly finished Kamaka) now that I'm newly inspired...

Hmm when I click on it, the video tries to load then says it's "currently unavailable". What did I do wrong? :-(

Thank You for the link!

Someone posted this a few weeks back I think. Anyway, I watched it then and enjoyed it, and I watched it now and picked up on even more things.
Thanks for posting it again. I like to see and learn about the history of some of these companies.
I'll have to get a Kamaka sooner or later, just to own a piece of uke history.

Thanks for the video, WickedWahine11,
By the way, how did your Kamaka turnout....did you ask them to spray a light coat or did you go with the standard?
And I they must have got it done in time for you to bring it back home. Is there a difference in tone since the finish
has been done? any pic's of your beloved refinished beauty? MM Stan....

Way cool and thanks much!

For those of you outside the US (therefore, cannot view the clip), please contactme off-list at cnoda at comcast doot net, or PM

Cheers
Chief

Top Bottom