PDA

View Full Version : Weird habits when playing..

pakiboy949
01-17-2008, 12:38 PM
does anybody have any weird habits when playing the uke. When I'm really concentrating when I'm playing I think I make the stupidest face, I pretty much play with my mouth open and stare either deep into the uke or deep into space.

What little habits do you guys have?

NukeDOC
01-17-2008, 12:55 PM
i never noticed till i started recording videos, but i have this weird habit of look out into space, usually to my left, like im looking for guidance from an unseen force thats going to help me remember the next chord while im concentrating on getting the lyrics right to the song im singing. hahaha.

i also pucker my lips like im bout to kiss someone. hahaha

tripl3thr33
01-17-2008, 01:24 PM
usually, if im not TRYING to sing, i find myself biting my tongue, not hard tho. and i tend not to talk when im playing..... i have to stop playing in order to talk. i guess that's why i have a hard time singing too haha

Guting
01-17-2008, 05:51 PM
habits?

not being satisfied, doing it over and over again to the point im tired and sloppy.

Terrell
01-17-2008, 05:56 PM
yea haha i space out.. and my face tends to turn to jell-o almost or sumtin. haha

Misguided Musician
01-17-2008, 06:28 PM
haha same here. I usually stare off into space and my mouth is usually wide open.

JosephBautista
01-17-2008, 06:35 PM
does anybody have any weird habits when playing the uke. When I'm really concentrating when I'm playing I think I make the stupidest face, I pretty much play with my mouth open and stare either deep into the uke or deep into space.

What little habits do you guys have?

hahaha well when im jammin and i get really into it like...in da zone then i start breathing hard and on top of that i can't talk or sing while playing :(

Bigylittle
01-17-2008, 07:15 PM
haha same here. I usually stare off into space and my mouth is usually wide open.

I thought I was the only one :D

Fred Miu
01-17-2008, 08:34 PM
take everyones habit, and combine them and you have mine.

rayan
01-20-2008, 02:16 PM

No ways. This is gross but sometimes when I'm playing I drool a little cause my mouth is wide open and I am totally spacing. Good thing this has never happened on stage .... yet....

tripl3thr33
01-20-2008, 03:20 PM
No ways. This is gross but sometimes when I'm playing I drool a little cause my mouth is wide open and I am totally spacing. Good thing this has never happened on stage .... yet....

hahahahahahaha i had that happen to me A LOT before, not anymore though. i guess cuz i bite my tongue now lol

Aldrine Guerrero
01-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Bad habits... I wouldn't call it a habit really but there was this one thing I did... while playing... during the christmas online show...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fred Miu
01-20-2008, 08:33 PM
haha took me a second to figure out what you were talking about ^_^

tripl3thr33
01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
hahaha i figured out what he meant lol

rayan
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Bad habits... I wouldn't call it a habit really but there was this one thing I did... while playing... during the christmas online show...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aldrine's bad habits on stage are blowing out my ear drums with the songs "Baby Tonight" and "Lets get it on".

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-23-2008, 04:04 AM
My worst habit is when i start playing the song and get sick of it and play another, so not many songs i play get done before changing :)

KAWIKA27
01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
It depends how much i get in to the song,if im just chillin and playen ill have a relaxed look but if im playing a faster song i kinda have a zoned out look and i drool a little its so nastey. My uncle does a odd face to so mabey its a family thing.?.?.?

UkeBoy916
01-23-2008, 03:02 PM
i tend to use the same strumming pattern from another song:(

UkuLeLesReggAe
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
^ same i used this strumming pattern for every son.. "down, miss, up, chunk, miss, up, up, down, chunk, up, down" god knows why..

mcarreon89
01-24-2008, 09:19 AM
if im into what im playing...

1) my toung is sitting outside of my mouth. never noticed till i posted a vid.
2) theree are no sounds at all in my environment. even if someone is talking to directly to me. they wont get a reply
3) my head bobs
4) and the universal stare of into space almost with my eyes crossed

grappler
01-29-2008, 01:50 AM
my mouth is open when i play.:eek:

Landon
01-29-2008, 06:04 AM
idk if its really a weird habit but sometimes when im playing i day dream and when i snap out of my day dream im at a part of a song and i dont really remember playing the parts before it. is this just me or has anyone else done this?

NukeDOC
01-29-2008, 06:12 AM
idk if its really a weird habit but sometimes when im playing i day dream and when i snap out of my day dream im at a part of a song and i dont really remember playing the parts before it. is this just me or has anyone else done this?

oh yeah. everytime i practice. so i just practice to the point that i can daydream throughout the whole song and still play every part. hahaha

gabzuke
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM

same ere hha

BBcakes
07-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Caught myself rocking back and forth...

puremarkska
07-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Lately I've been noticing that I don't strum at all anymore. I catch myself using Jake's "Pluck Strum" technique for everything. It's getting pretty bad.

UkeNinja
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I know this great soulful ukelelist who farts when he plays. It's random, but chronic. Still some of the funkiest and laid back picking around.

buddhuu
07-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Caught myself rocking back and forth...

Yup, me too. I rock, but not in a good way! I also play quite a lot with my eyes closed.

I have probs playing and singing at the same time, but I can sort of sing silently in my head without messing up my strum rhythm. When I do that I screw my face up when I get to a note that I have to really reach for when I'm singing out loud. I look like an idiot. :o

reapefer
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
When I'm really focus on playing I chew my tongue. I really look stupid when it's happen.

casetone2514
07-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I make very odd faces - when I try to play solos or awkward picking patterns I look VERY angry
When I play lively, bouncy songs I make elaborate limp-wristed gestures with my right hand.

Heavy, bluesy stuff makes me pout and..

for some reason I tend to look away over my left shoulder when I finish a song. I try to avoid it but it does happen quite a lot and I don't know why.

I cross the fingers on my left hand when I barre chords - I don't know why as I don't do it on guitar.

These are just the habits I have noticed - I bet other people notice a lot more.

Chrisuzwhite
07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Whenever I'm playing a uke standing up I pretty much wind up dancing as I play and sing. It looks incredibly involved but I can't tell I'm doing it. :/

I also look incredibly cheerful when I'm singing. I could be singing about death and ravens and graveyards, I'll look damn happy.

dnewton2
07-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Apparently when I play my mouth moves. Not so much like open and closing but more like my lips move in wierd directions. I have never acctually seen it but my wife like so poke fun at me when she see it.

Melissa82
07-13-2009, 01:48 AM
I also look incredibly cheerful when I'm singing. I could be singing about death and ravens and graveyards, I'll look damn happy.And Pokemon, lol.

ukeshale
07-13-2009, 03:10 AM
I make very odd faces - when I try to play solos or awkward picking patterns I look VERY angry
When I play lively, bouncy songs I make elaborate limp-wristed gestures with my right hand.

Heavy, bluesy stuff makes me pout and..

for some reason I tend to look away over my left shoulder when I finish a song. I try to avoid it but it does happen quite a lot and I don't know why.

I cross the fingers on my left hand when I barre chords - I don't know why as I don't do it on guitar.

These are just the habits I have noticed - I bet other people notice a lot more.

Haha, some of the best habits i've heard of. Paranoid Tony!

sukie
07-13-2009, 07:20 AM
I also look incredibly cheerful when I'm singing. I could be singing about death and ravens and graveyards, I'll look damn happy.

That's actually a good thing. My husband says I look way too serious when I play, but I'm just concentrating.

haole
07-13-2009, 10:43 AM
That's actually a good thing. My husband says I look way too serious when I play, but I'm just concentrating.

I have the serious, deep-in-concentration look too. Except when I'm doing a big stretch or going for an awkward chord. Then I just look goofy. :B

Also, I tend to play faster than I can handle when I first learn a new song, and then wonder why I suck at it so much.

buddhuu
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
[...]I tend to play faster than I can handle when I first learn a new song, and then wonder why I suck at it so much.

Story of my life... I have to force myself to go back and play slow until I nail stuff properly.

sukie
07-13-2009, 11:33 AM
I have the serious, deep-in-concentration look too. Except when I'm doing a big stretch or going for an awkward chord. Then I just look goofy. :B

Also, I tend to play faster than I can handle when I first learn a new song, and then wonder why I suck at it so much.

Are you my long-lost twin? We seem to have the same weird habits.

Maybe we're triplets. I think Lori and I were separated at birth also.

Link
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
For some reason this doesn't happen to me with uke. But with bass, the bass-face kicks in and I look like a complete moron. My face twists in ways that I can't duplicate when not playing bass.

Spooner
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
I think of deach..but in a manly..."How are those Giants doing" sort of way. :p