How to spot a Kala second or Blem

MGM

Reaction score
Kala has now started marking the back of the headstock with a burned in 2 if the instrument was sold to a dealer as a second or blemished. This has been instituted as some have been trying to sell theirs as used or new...Just a little help in your buying decisions

Aloha Mike,
Thanks for passing along the important info.....Much Mahalo's
BTW- Do you have a local tele# and address??? MM Stan.....

Aloha Mike,
Thanks for passing along the important info.....Much Mahalo's
BTW- Do you have a local tele# and address??? MM Stan.....

His shop is off Kahuhipa. Right across the old Windward Press. That is one packed shop!

Interesting and useful info! Thanks

Kala has now started marking the back of the headstock with a burned in 2 if the instrument was sold to a dealer as a second or blemished. This has been instituted as some have been trying to sell theirs as used or new...Just a little help in your buying decisions

Mahalo nui loa for da info... much obliged!

P.S. I think Gibson also used to do this on their "seconds" (not first quality) guitars back in the 80s. My old SG had the "2" on back of its headstock.

Dang, you're helpful!

p.s. need any girls working for ya?

P.S. I think Gibson also used to do this on their "seconds" (not first quality) guitars back in the 80s. My old SG had the "2" on back of its headstock.

A friend of mine had a Gibson Les Paul with the word SECOND stamped into the back of the headstock just under the serial number. We never could see what was wrong with it but he saved a lot of money because of it. I wouldn't be surprised if nowadays it added value due to its scarcity, lol.

"2" looks better than "used" that some manufacturers use. Are you going to start selling #2 Kalas?

Top Bottom