Extreme compliment

Gmoney

Reaction score
A few short weeks ago, I purchased my first uke after my daughter brought one home. She hooked me! And just last week, I had my new uke w/me at my temporary assignment in a customer's office (to take it in from the heat). I had it w/me so that I could drive after work to the S.E. Ukers "Java Jam" that evening. While there I took it out of the case to show to a few of my coworkers & strummed a few bars of "Over the Rainbow". A voice came from a few cubicles over with an excited tone, "Is that a ukulele?!" The lady who had heard the sweet strings came over w/a big smile & a further explanation "my grand-dad used to play ukulele!".

Back at the same office today, the same lady came around the corner of the cubicle & said as she passed by; "Hey, you're the 'Ukulele Guy', right?!"

What a compliment! We both smiled as I acknowledged the fact.

I am indeed a "ukulele guy" now!

Aloha Gmoney,
Thanks for the nice story....."Ukulele Aloha" is everywhere.....
MM Stan....

That's what it's about. Congrats Ukulele Guy.

I haul sand to natural gas wells. It is a rough environment. One day I was waiting to unload, so I pulled my uke out and started playing in the cab of my truck - just wailin' away. All of a sudden the sight manager appears in my door window. I roll it down and he asks if I'm playing a small guitar and I tell him it's a ukulele and he says, "Play something". I strum about half a verse of "Knockin' On Heaven"s Door and he really thought that was "COOL". Anyway, when I go to a site he is at, I always mess with him and ask if he's got him a uke yet and stuff like that. This really didn't go anywhere, but I did convert someone to the general consensus that ukes are cool.

I haul sand to natural gas wells. It is a rough environment. One day I was waiting to unload, so I pulled my uke out and started playing in the cab of my truck - just wailin' away. All of a sudden the sight manager appears in my door window. I roll it down and he asks if I'm playing a small guitar and I tell him it's a ukulele and he says, "Play something". I strum about half a verse of "Knockin' On Heaven"s Door and he really thought that was "COOL". Anyway, when I go to a site he is at, I always mess with him and ask if he's got him a uke yet and stuff like that. This really didn't go anywhere, but I did convert someone to the general consensus that ukes are cool.

General consensus? EVERYONE knows that ukes are cool! :)

Top Bottom